Not funny article but a funny picture...

saxybrian

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mt Shasta climber is dead, however the pic they used is of Rainier... Amazing, I thought the news would do a better job than that.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/04/02/california.climber.death/index.html?hpt=T2

dang, 2 minutes too slow. just came here to post the same thing. quality journalism.

Yeah, because that's so much more important than the fact that Thomas Bennett died up there. :tdown:

If you read the title youwould know I'm not poking fun of the death just the fact that cnn didn't get the right mountain on their article. Yes it sucks that it happened and condolences to anyone who knew the person. I would say take the time to read it and see if we can learn what happened to help prevent it in the future.

i ignored your first post but cannot ignore your second.

"the person" ???

There is nothing to prevent in the future. If you did more research instead of reading news articles on it you would know there was nothing to prevent what happened.Other than both of them staying home and eating bon bons!

YOU may want to read more here to educate YOURSELF about what happened. His partner Mark is a summit post member and painfully posted some of what happened up there. Heart wrenching!

There were no signs he was sick until it was too late.

I suggest YOU read the whole thread and learn something yourself.

wow tazz...guess it's the wrong week to get on your nerves...settle the fuck down people. He obviously meant no harm and the fact that some dumbass in a newsroom can't tell their ass from a hole in the ground is funny shit. I doubt the family of the poster will be combing these threads in the hopes of understanding what happened. If they are then someone should tell them that interweb forums are a piss poor place to look for solace.

Sorry about the tragedy and all, of course, but this is mountain climbing after all. People die and we talk about it because is scares the shit out of us. Humor is another way to deal with it. WTF did you expect?

:wave:

ummmm, not dude...more like a dudette. Get it right...

I Am relaxed...very relaxed, feelin good right about now. ;-).

I know the first post was not harmless and pointing to a mistake made by the press. The second post was ignorant. So, I commented to help the ignorance.

NO i did nothing to take it to spray. Just informed you the you are clueless to the facts. Sorry the facts make you think it is spray. :lmao:

point made....