Democrats R Smart

Fairweather

It's easy for fall for a soundbyte taken out of context...if you a fucking idiot. Who buys that shit nowadays? Oh, wait....

The congressmen isn't a very good comedian. His concern, that of overwhelming a small island's limited resources with a substantial troop increase, remains a valid one, however.

Right wing media's pretty much a one trick pony. It relies on manufacturing something that 'could' happen, or faking something that didn't, and throwing it out to the parroting zombie hordes, who then faithfully carry the momentum for a few days or weeks. No end to willing participants in that department, apparently.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One wouldn't normally see any connection between the gaffe uttered by that congressman and that of some recent comments by another Democratic congressman but there is a common thread.

[video:youtube]v=lp-USKnPDbY

"anime is a prime example that two nukes just weren't enough."

That's awesome. I'd vote for him. :lmao:

One wouldn't normally see any connection between the gaffe uttered by that congressman and that of some recent comments by another Democratic congressman but there is a common thread.

[video:youtube]v=lp-USKnPDbY

Guess the Dems (in the language of our libtard friends on cc.com): "hates yellow people".

On a serious note, it's no surprise. Dems are genetically racist.

During the drive back from CA talk radio was having a field day with this. The real nut of this story is that the congressman's obvious metaphorical joke, carefully edited into a soundbyte gaffe, was entirely lost on hosts and callers alike.

I switched to an evangelical station, where I learned that the physical world was inherently evil. Just coming back from Yosemite, that seemed a bit strident.

I can only hope for his sake that it was indeed a metaphor. However, I watched the entire video and didn't get the sense he was doing anything other than making himself look like a fool. He's a terrible public speaker, it kind of makes you wonder how he got elected. But then again, after listening to some of our other elected officials it doesn't really.

Yeah, makes you think that there just might be a few other criteria for getting elected beyond joke delivery, huh?

Money and a pulse? It must not intelligence because that guy didn't display any. At least that officer had the courtesy to ignore the congressman's obvious lack of ability to even put together a sentence.

Perhaps, and I admit that I'm wildly speculating here, this congressman has done more than just flub a joke on camera during his multiple terms of office.

Yeah, I know, their all a bunch of idiots and you're so damn much smarter. It's all so very beneath you, isn't it? Life is so terribly trying when you're hyper-talented.

When is your next public speaking engagement, BTW? I wouldn't want to miss it.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

Perhaps, and I admit that I'm wildly speculating here, this congressman has done more than just flub a joke on camera during his multiple terms of office.

Yeah, I know, their all a bunch of idiots and you're so damn much smarter. It's all so very beneath you, isn't it? Life is so terribly trying when you're hyper-talented.

And maybe he's got $90,000 in his freezer. A lifetime's worth of work as a professional politician and all that...

Voting for idiots and calling them smart is beneath me. I would hope it was beneath you too but here we are.

The legislators I've met and talked with have all been pretty smart, talented, and hard working. I know there are exceptions to that rule, but there you have it. I don't go in much for 'popular wisdom'...I prefer first hand experience when forming an opinion if such experience is available. Sorry to disappoint.

Politics is a tough business because every voting decision is a compromise, and every campaign for change is a long term project that can span years or decades. That's the only way to move the ball forward in an environment of competing and conflicting interests, and it often doesn't move forward very fast. Seems like those who denigrate it out of hand might secretly or not so secretly prefer a Strong Man who just Makes it All Happen Right Now. No thanks.

The legislators I've met and talked with have all been pretty smart, talented, and hard working. I know there are exceptions to that rule, but there you have it. I don't go in much for 'popular wisdom'...I prefer first hand experience when forming an opinion if such experience is available. Sorry to disappoint.

Politics is a tough business because every voting decision is a compromise, and every campaign for change is a long term project that can span years or decades. That's the only way to move the ball forward in an environment of competing and conflicting interests, and it often doesn't move forward very fast. Seems like those who denigrate it out of hand might secretly or not so secretly prefer a Strong Man who just Makes it All Happen Right Now. No thanks.

I've never felt especially compelled to make excuses for the actions or words of others. In this case I don't need to assume, the Congressman from GA is clearly a doddering fool. Whether he was indeed making a terrible joke or he is in fact functionally retarded I'll leave you to decide.

Sorry, one soundbyte crafted to jump start a Right Wing circle jerk isn't exactly what I'd call useful data. I don't know the congressman's record, nor do I really care to, but this little clip probably doesn't provide much of a summary.

Remember: Push the button, get the banana. Push the button, get the banana.