Democrats R Smart

Fairweather

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All joking aside, isn't this the true face of representative democracy?

There are two alternatives, one being that the elected official is a product of his district and truly representative of his constituency. The other is that some intelligent but amoral shyster relocates to an area where he's assured the win. In the latter instance, the elected official under the guise of representing his constituents may quite likely be a tool of monied interests.

During the drive back from CA talk radio was having a field day with this. The real nut of this story is that the congressman's obvious metaphorical joke, carefully edited into a soundbyte gaffe, was entirely lost on hosts and callers alike.

I switched to an evangelical station, where I learned that the physical world was inherently evil. Just coming back from Yosemite, that seemed a bit strident.

phhhhh, I dunno, I watched the whole thing, and that guy came across as a total bag of hammers. Obvious metaphor? Didn't seem so obvious to me, and if that was his intention, then he should learn to tell a joke without coming across as such a retard. You don't need to "carefully edit" his statement to make him sound like he's been sucking on the tail-pipe of a car for too long.

IMO the democrats, in general, are as large a bunch of brain-fucked gas-huffers as the republicans. I know now he's got this "metaphor" excuse, but I'm not particularly inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt, because that would make it less funny. :lmao:

Why do we even let republicans vote, anyway? Lots of states are considering limiting voting rights to mentally impaired individuals. How is this any different?

This guy and kevbone perfectly represent the average Democrat voter.

They're both WAY better than your average teabagger.

Why do we even let republicans vote, anyway? Lots of states are considering limiting voting rights to mentally impaired individuals. How is this any different?

You are an expert at the skills of teabaggers, eh? Guess that's not pink around your mouth...

You are an expert at the skills of teabaggers, eh? Guess that's not pink around your mouth...

yeah, but at least I know the difference between nazis and commies ;)

which are the teabaggers?

which are the teabaggers?

Teabaggers are just morons. Morons can be either.