some south american slab climbing?

Water

apologies if this is in the wrong forum/area/not appro for this site.

thought some rock folks might enjoy seeing these. if I recall correctly, I'm told they're the ancient granite? cores of the old mountains that use be. What remains today is the Guiana Shield.

i wasn't into or really aware of any kind of climbing when i traveled to south america about 4 years ago. Going through pictures I found, among things, this formation we visited in the Colombian Amazon (Río Inírida) Cerros del mavicure..

I heard some french team climbed the tallest of the 3, about 15 years?~ ago. approach is about 10-15hrs of boat rides depending on how fast your boat is.

would love to hear anyone's musings. since it rains and is the friggin amazon, there is a nice black slime/algae that grows. try to walk on it too early, its like ice. once it dries it gives good traction. however, since it rains every afternoon, you'd be screwed to walk down until the next-midday.

bigger versions in my gallery

IMG_3298.JPGIMG_32841.JPGDSC_0086_1.jpgDSC_0104.jpgDSC_0111_1.jpgDSC_0090_1.jpgDSC_0090.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome pics!

Why not throw in some climbing and some party?

Last time I was there in Rio my one climbing-reserved day was the one rainy day we had. Next time I'm down there I'll try again.

O-Pao-de-Acucar.jpg

And if you climb up you can take the cable car down (cliffs right across, Copacabana beach to left)

CopacabanaSeenFromPaoDeAcucar.JPG

There are established routes up to the big guy

corcovado.jpg