Wind River Question

I have a 6 day backpack planned for the Winds in late Aug/early Sept with my spousal unit. My climbing partner and his significant other would like to join us - cool. "Problem" is we find ourselves conspiring to scurry up some nice granite as an "aside". I've always wanted to climb the Wolfs Head but open to suggestions.

We'll be taking two cars so entry and exit THs can be different as long as it's not a significant shuttle. A loop would be very much preferred - something in the 40 to 50 mile range. A summit that can be snagged as a side-trip that won't see us back at the tent long after dark. Something easy so as to reduce the weight of gear. 4th class to low 5th or so. If we could get into something on the first day then stash gear till the return trip, that would be....nice...assuming a lollipop loop.

I've never been in that area. Any ideas? Maybe we should just stick with the backpack trip - suggestions for that appreciated too.

Thinking out loud.

Domo

Edited by spotly

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic