Seoul???

ken4ord

Anyone been too Seoul or have any good links? I am going there in a month for a week long family trip. Won't have much time for climbing, but if there is some nearby bouldering, that would be fun. Got any suggestion for good places for brew (coffee or beer) or good eats, let's hear them.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, Its been a while good to see you traveling! There is a free public climbing wall on the river in downtown seoul, with easy access via one of the city rail lines. It has been a while since I was there, so can't comment on its exact location, but it was good for a outdoor climbing wall.

I know you probably don't have time, but a hour or two from the city is a lot of really good limestone in and around Wan Ju

Some of the cleanest granite I have ever climbed on is in Sorak San national park, with a few hour approaches through monestaries in the mountains up to the 3-5 pitch white granite spires...mythical.

Hope this helps, have a great trip!

Hey, Its been a while good to see you traveling! There is a free public climbing wall on the river in downtown seoul, with easy access via one of the city rail lines. It has been a while since I was there, so can't comment on its exact location, but it was good for a outdoor climbing wall.

I know you probably don't have time, but a hour or two from the city is a lot of really good limestone in and around Wan Ju

Some of the cleanest granite I have ever climbed on is in Sorak San national park, with a few hour approaches through monestaries in the mountains up to the 3-5 pitch white granite spires...mythical.

Hope this helps, have a great trip!

Yeah still traveling and still wanting to get back to the PNW, but it not going anywhere, hopefully. I heard about Wan Ju and saw some pictures, it looks great, but like you said I don't think I have the time for that. It seems like there are few public walls in town and some bouldering, that is probably what I will have time for.