Keen to climb Mt Hood - any takers?

Matt Hutchy

I'm working in Portland, Oregon for 4 months. I'm visiting from Australia. Keen to climb Mt Hood, or other climbs and looking for partners. Did Mt Saint Helen's on the weekend and it was great. I'm still learning, but keen to join in on any climbs. I'm a orthopedic surgeon by trade, so I could be some help on a team in terms of first aid. And yes, I ride a kangaroo to work each day back home.

Matt

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming your in good shape, as long as you can use an ice axe decently as well as crampons, sure I would love to join! Although the downside is I would need to figure out getting a ride down south, which might be possible. PM me if your interested in me joining. Also you gotta let me know when you want to climb it.

i am also new to portland and looking for a climbing partner,

but i'm a total newb, i've done a little rock climbing (actually in your part of the world oddly enough, i lived in oz for 6 months) and taken one alpine climbing course here but havent done much more than that. i hope to do helens in the next couple weeks though im up for anything really and definitely up for hood. pm me or email me ktschmid AT gmail dot com if you wanna go climbing!

Ya, my brother and I would love to go with you to the top of hood! Weve been up their four times this year and as long as your in fairly good shape we are totally up for it. If everthing worksout maybe you would like to come climb Rainier with us too!

you could email me at justin@battlecrydesigns.com anytime.