after climbing eats... what's your favorite?

mountainsloth

For every crag I climb at, for every route I take into the mountains, I am always searching for the best post-climbing eatery on the way back home.

So, depending on where you are climbing, and where you live, what are some of your favorite post-climbing places to eat?

Here are some of my favorite places to eat:

-Annie's Pizza on the West side of RT 20, Concrete, WA

-The Darrington Pizza/bakery place (can't remember the name)

-Mountain Man BBQ, Sultan, WA

-Scott's Dairy Freeze, North Bend, WA

-Cougar Bar & Grill, Cougar, WA (Mt. St. Helens)

El Sol Leavenworth, WA

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Slap Chop House

Hi its Vince with Slap Chop! You’re gonna be in a great mood all day cause you’re gonna be slappin your troubles with the Slap Chop. Now look here’s a potato. One slap you got big chunks for stews, two slaps home fries in a second. And now look at this when you add a mushroom you more you do it the finer it gets you don’t have to switch any blades. Now, you love salad, you hate making it. You know you hate making salads that’s why you don’t have any salad in your diet. Now watch this one slap, salad! Now I love Pizza to but once in a while get the veggies in, at least throw it on top of the pizza. You’re gonna change your eating habits. Soup, Coleslaw, stuff we want, 5 seconds. 4 or 5 seconds, its done.This thing this tuna looks boring. Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life. Add this tuna putting it in like this now you’re going to have a nice, tuna, salad. Look at this you’re gonna have an exciting life now. Look here’s a hard boiled egg. One chop, you add the pickle, you add the green onion. And what you can do is mix things together add the ham and you’re gonna love this. You don’t have time to make breakfast, breakfast to go. You’re gonna love my nuts. Watch this almonds, walnuts. Comes with a cover so you can do everything in the cover. Alright or you can do it on the board, whatever you like. So easy, one finger, if I can do it with one finger you guys can do it with your whole hand. Kids can do it. You know what they charge at the ice cream store? A dollar for toppings at the ice cream store. Add a couple cookies if you want. So you can make it for 10 cents. Stop throwing your money away. You know not only nuts what about fruit? Put a mango, look at that isn’t that beautiful on your ice cream. The reason you’re gonna slap away everyday is cause its so easy to clean. One. Two, and pops open like that like a butterfly to clean. Now these other ones you see at the stores. Bacteria gets on the food, all the stores have this. You can’t clean it! You can’t open this up its worthless! Forget about it. Now take the Slap Chop, put it back together, and you get the garlic. Now here’s the garlic, with the skin. There you go de-skins the garlic. You’re gonna eat more garlic. The onions with the skin, alright this is making you cry making me cry. Alright life’s hard enough as it is. You don’t wanna cry anymore. Put the Slap Chop right there, the skins at the bottom. And look at this you want a little bit of onions, you don’t wanna drag out the food processor. The skin, comes right off! You see that? Alright now you put a tomato in there. Add your cilantro, your hot peppers right there. You hit it like this. Guys we’re gonna make America skinny again. One slap at a time!

Now here’s the deal when you buy the Slap Chop we’re gonna give you the Graty for cheese. White cheese yellow cheese in the container. Comes with a twister, watch this tacos, fettucini, linguine, martini, bikini. Look at that comes with two blades. Bang it. Cheese comes right out. Fine and course, Parmesan. Comes with a cover, stays sealed. Put it in the fridge, take it out when you need it. Pass it around the table. You’re gonna love this thing. The Slap Chop sells for Nineteen Ninety-Five. But if you call now, within the next twenty minutes (you know we can’t do this all day). You’re gonna get the Graty absolutely free. So that’s two for Nineteen Ninety-Five. The Slap Chop with the Graty, here’s how to order!

Wow. Tough to keep this thread going after that um... enlightening contribution.

My fave, if I can stand to wait till I'm back to Sea-town, if I get back at a reasonable hour (or too late so I have to wait till the next day), and if I really think I've earned it - is Lunchbox Laboratory.

Calamity Jane's in Sandy, OR either before or after a trip to Hood. The chili cheese fries are 5.25 and too much food for me to finish.

Digger Don's diner in Sutherlin, OR before or after a trip to the Callahans or a choss pile in southern Oregon. Huge biscuits and gravy platters for breakfast, or a massive burger platter for dinner that is free if you finish all of it.

In the Mexican town of Comala on the corner of Progreso and Venustiano Carranza is pretty much the best food ever, or maybe it just seems like that after a long couple days. Right on a colonial town square, if you see a chapel with gold domes you know you're at the right spot. Ice cream on the other side of the plaza. 15 miles from a national park with 2 12k-13k volcanoes; lots of opportunities in the park.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=&daddr=19.322561,-103.758435&hl=en&geocode=&mra=mi&mrsp=0&sz=18&sll=19.323045,-103.757517&sspn=0.003528,0.006968&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=18

fish tacos - several locations to serve you.

Every time I see or hear the phrase "fish tacos", my mind leaps to only one thing...

Damn good thing there's several locations to serve me... :)

i was wondering if someone was going to come back with that :lmao: now if i had said that they were greasy fish tacos...

fish tacos at taco del mar - several locations to serve you.
No fish tacos, but there is a little hole-in-the-wall taco joint in Stevenson, WA - "La Casa de Sabor" - "The House of Flavor". Really good pork & chicken tacos. Cheap too. I have to go there once a week to get my fix. They have the BEST fresh home-made "Myan Salsa", very spicy. You usually have to ask for the Myan Salsa specifically, otherwise you will just get the standard red or green sauce. I usually get a pint of the Myan Salsa to take home. The House of Flavor is just a couple doors up from Walking Man brewery (from Walking Man, go up the stairs at the north end of the patio and take a right), which aint to bad either. We all know they have great beer at WM, but the pizza is really good as well. Walking Man was just featured as one of the top brew pubs in the world... #1 in the NW, #10 in the US & 15th in the world. Walking Man Review . Be careful, those are some BIG beers, especially the Imperial IPA. :brew:

No fish tacos, but there is a little hole-in-the-wall taco joint in Stevenson, WA - "La Casa de Sabor" - "The House of Flavor". Really good pork & chicken tacos. Cheap too. I have to go there once a week to get my fix. They have the BEST fresh home-made "Myan Salsa", very spicy. You usually have to ask for the Myan Salsa specifically, otherwise you will just get the standard red or green sauce. I usually get a pint of the Myan Salsa to take home. The House of Flavor is just a couple doors up from Walking Man brewery (from Walking Man, go up the stairs at the north end of the patio and take a right), which aint to bad either. We all know they have great beer at WM, but the pizza is really good as well. Walking Man was just featured as one of the top brew pubs in the world... #1 in the NW, #10 in the US & 15th in the world. Walking Man Review . Be careful, those are some BIG beers, especially the Imperial IPA. :brew:
is this the taco stand that you always rave about to me everytime we have quesadillas at yer place?

La Paloma in George, Wa.

May the good lord bless all of Charlie Browns descendants and may they all prosper and live long life's. Dude was more than a good man, they don't make many like him any more and we are all the worse for it. Bless them all!

taco joint in Stevenson, WA - "La Casa de Sabor" - "The House of Flavor".
- careful with that sauce, "spicy" is way too mild word to call that stuff. Good food, :tup: :tup: when they are open.

Calamity Jane's in Sandy

Too expensive for what you get IMO.

After jamminmg in Tieton I love the Trout Lodge. L-town: I buy a frozen pizza and cook it at a friends house. Darrington: The Shell gas station has a wide variety of fried eats. Vantage: wait until ellensburg, then eat a burrito. Washington Pass: THE MAZAMA GAS STATION IS THE COOLEST PLACE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!! I'm serious. I love the Mazama gas station. Where else do you buy socks and underwear, patagonia puffies, beer, wine, smokes, and coffee, oh, and gas.Smiff rock: The Depot.

is this the taco stand that you always rave about to me everytime we have quesadillas at yer place?
Yep, gotta go today or I might get the DTs...