What Music Do You Climb To???

mrpink

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently on the iPod: the entire catalog of Soilwork, In Flames, and Killswitch Engage; a ton of the rest: Fear Factory, Slayer, Shadows Fall, Tool, Five Finger Death Punch, Hatebreed, Lamb of God, and Rammstein. I move quicker for longer periods of time when I'm focused, and yes, I do stop to enjoy the view from time to time.

Personally, I like to pay attention to the climbing and my partner on the climb. I save the music for the slog out and then I tend toward classic funk (Parliment, Isley Brothers, Average White Band) and rock (Led Zeppelin, Steppenwolf, Santana). I have some classical, Celtic, and jazz for in the tent relaxification.

Personally, I like to pay attention to the climbing and my partner on the climb. I save the music for the slog out and then I tend toward classic funk (Parliment, Isley Brothers, Average White Band) and rock (Led Zeppelin, Steppenwolf, Santana). I have some classical, Celtic, and jazz for in the tent relaxification.
that sounds like ivan - minus the sensible stuff about paying attention :grlaf:

How about keepin' your ears open to the lovely sounds of nature?

Climbing....the outdoors....remember that part?

How 'bout being alert to the sound of falling rocks aiming at yo' head, the scary sound of an approaching avalanche, or the leashed/unleashed pit bull attacking and distracting your belayer below?

And as for climbing gyms, more than once (and I know I'm not the only one), I've had to pack up and leave from the utter auditory crap blasting through the facility.

Save the tunes for the drive home with your consensual buddies!

I don't listen to music while I climb. In fact I have not climbed in 6 months due to a serious illness. I have, however, been able to start walking again as of two weeks ago. I walk the dogs around the block and listen to Pearl Jam's 'Just Breathe'. A simply beautiful song.

There is a video that an art studio compiled: http://www.last.fm/music/Pearl+Jam/+videos/+1-08y42pJLJ6s . It captures the beauty, innocence, bittersweetness, and heartache of young love perfecty. I think the personal difficulty of these last 6 months have made me overly emotional because I cry when I watch it.

I don't listen to music while I climb...

Neither do I. On the drive to and fro, though, it's generally Pink Floyd, Led Zep, and Big Country. The Big Country stuff is an homage to my first climbing partner/mentor, Frank Gibson, as it was our favorite band back in the early 80s, when I first learned to climb. Those of you that have been on this board for a while know the story of Frank's premature passing.

RIP, my good friend Frank. This one's for you. :brew:

I don't listen to music much when I climb but definitely am a big fan of the Ipod for the hike in and out. And Justice For All makes any hike go fast. I also like to get the Led out by listening to their first two albums. London Calling is another favorite.

I'm goin' with Homer on this one. LOL! “Homer Simpson: Everyone knows rock attained perfection in 1974. It's a scientific fact.”

yeah!

How about keepin' your ears open to the lovely sounds of nature?

Climbing....the outdoors....remember that part?

How 'bout being alert to the sound of falling rocks aiming at yo' head, the scary sound of an approaching avalanche, or the leashed/unleashed pit bull attacking and distracting your belayer below?

And as for climbing gyms, more than once (and I know I'm not the only one), I've had to pack up and leave from the utter auditory crap blasting through the facility.

Save the tunes for the drive home with your consensual buddies!

yeah, damn whippersnappers. Crazy_Old_Man_Mike_by_MichaelBills.jpg