inspiring rock climbing videos?

Rad

For me, the top two are David Graham on the FA of Coup De Grace in Dosage IV and Sharma on the FA of Es Pontas in King Lines. They are not on the interweb.

Got more to add to my list?

The intersection of power, precision, focus, passion, and creativity. Awe-inspiring. Great cinematography and music help too.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Commited Vol 2: Pete Whittaker on the FA of 'Dynamics of Change', with the 13c feet above his head rockover with potential groundfall.

And Jorgeson's repeat of The Groove in 'Progression' is radical!

and on the BD website, with Caldwell and Jorgeson on the El CAp project, sticking the 8ft sideways dyno!

[video:vimeo]10181825

Hey Rad, I just saw a german film called "to the limit" with the hubar brothers speed climbing on the nose. Was done really well with more than the usual climbing crap. gets into the why's and mentality of the climbing. and good brotherly arguements too. really good 1.5 hours.

... rick lovelace on [one of] his speed solos of zodiac in masters of stone II: hard rock - that one always gets me going for some reason :tup: watching video of mark wellman doing anything on rock is really inspirational - the guy's legs don't work and he's still out there!!!

and anything john bachar is in is well worth watching for inspirational and motivational reasons, though i wouldn't try much of what he is filmed doing... free solo's just not my bag, baby.

This has some really good rock climbing in it but it's about all kinds of climbing, really good footage of Robson and the House, Blanchard, Josephson attempt.

Any idea how I can watch this in Canada? It only supports US users...

Googled it and everything led me back to Hulu

• 2 weeks later...

i was hyped on the footage of the mammut team dwsoloing in thailand. inspired me so much i went there for 2 months this winter, ended up dws everywhere, progressed 2 # grades and am returning this dec. to help staff a climbing resort while i climb my heart out in between! that 7 min clip on youtube had a major impact on me.

• 2 weeks later...
This is short and a bit amateur, but truly one of the most inspiring and CLASSIC pieces of footage I've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/user/colinjbartholomew#p/a/u/0/X-UT9IPLqYE

many times i've walked past that line and thought about it...but then being so close to the trail there would be a good chance of someone seeing me fall off it, and i couldn't muster the kiwis.