[TR] Himal Hoody - Southside-Old Chute 3/19/2010

wolbs

Trip: Himal Hoody - Southside-Old Chute

Date: 3/19/2010

Trip Report:

Took a spur-of-the-moment run up the SS this morning. Left T-line about 3AM, with very little wind and lots of stars out. Good snow conditions up the chute with an established bootpack. Virtually no wind on the summit at 7:30 AM. You can't beat that for the last day of winter!!

There were a few groups up there, but not as many as I expected given the weather forecast. Thought I was off-route for a few minutes when I arrived at the Hogsback and nobody was there... :)

It warmed up quickly, so if you are thinking of heading up tonight, you may want to catch it early. Stuff was starting to come down as I descended the Chute at 8:30 or so.

DVR the NCAA tournament and go climb.....

I didn't upload any photos 'cause I think everbody knows the route, but let me know if you have a burning desire...

Approach Notes:

Old School Play list--cause I'm old: The Clash, The Alarm, The Smiths, Echo and the B men

New School Play List--cause I don't think I'm old: Yellowcard, Switchfoot, Thousand Foot Krutch

Just Because Playlist: Dylan, The Man in Black--Johnny Cash

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was Ivan who said "A trip report with no pictures only gets 3 lines of attention."

Pictures are always a good thing!

excepting if its a hood s side tr, in which case it gets none

however, adding a snazzy new take on the mtn's name earns back 1 line :)

i did a tr for the hoodwand entirely in haiku once - after i finish my renaissance english course i'll take a crack at blank verse :P

i like flogging molly for the approach tunes meself

Tom and I had no one on the summit...though we took a lot longer to get there...TR coming soon. We started at Timberline and wrapped around the East to the Black Spider but the ice line we were after was wind loaded and so we contoured around and up the Cooper Spur. Summit at 1209.