Just Moved to Portland - need regular partner

K Preston

I'm looking for a regular climbing partner for gym training and/or climbing at crags around Portland (and Smith). I just moved here this weekend from the Midwest and have been climbing for a couple of years. I mostly climb sport but I'm open to learning trad. Looking for someone that could hook up in the weekday evenings and/or anytime on the weekends. I haven't joined a gym yet, but looking at PRG and Clubsport (I'm working in Lake Oswego).

This place seems awesome. Looking forward to meeting some cool people.

Keith

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to PDX. Both places you mentioned have good route setting, but you might avoid a lot of car traffic in the afternoons by just climbing at Club Sport. Club Sport offers a flash pass with 10 visits to use in 3 months for $120.00. They often go on sale, too, or you can attend a "Boulder Dash" and buy one that they auction off for real cheap.

I'm not sure if the PRG is offering such a pass. The Circuit on Macadam just north of Lake O has great Bouldering, too, and they have a punch pass.

we just signed up with clubsport this week. the ymca was reducing hours, getting rid of machines/not fixing/improving machines, and buying shit like kettlebells and locking them up... i feel really snobby going to clubsport but like that we can do a few climbs then go workout, climb more if we want..plus my better half is the one who pays :P whenever we went to PRG we felt compelled to spend as long as possible there to get our moneys worth for a day-pass...but don't go enough to justify anything more than that.

if you go as guest of a member the cost for climbing is $15 instead of $20.

If you show up to do a tour, you can have a free day there..(which is what we did prior to joining)

I'm looking for a regular climbing partner for gym training and/or climbing at crags around Portland (and Smith). I just moved here this weekend from the Midwest and have been climbing for a couple of years. I mostly climb sport but I'm open to learning trad. Looking for someone that could hook up in the weekday evenings and/or anytime on the weekends. I haven't joined a gym yet, but looking at PRG and Clubsport (I'm working in Lake Oswego).

This place seems awesome. Looking forward to meeting some cool people.

Keith

Welcome to Ptown. The gyms have there benefit....but you can climb year round outside here in Portland.