Mt St Helens or anything else this Sunday 3/21

ktschmid

Hi I'm new to mountaineering and after taking a couple classes (PCC's Alpine Mountaineering course) would love to go climb something this Sunday,

Does anyone else want to get a Helen's climb in before you have to pay $20 for the permits, maybe Worm Flows?

Also are you ok with going up with someone who hikes a lot but is new to mountaineering? i just moved here from the east coast, and i don't really know anyone else who climbs....yet

I'd be happy to climb something else that can be done in a long day, isn't too too far from portland, and is appropriate for a n00b, aka not too technical, though i can belay 5.11 without issue

You can PM me or email me at ktschmid AT gmail dot com, thanks

-Karl

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

weather!!! now with the road closed to adams and helens with no chance of being plowed until NEXT WINTER, i'm wondering what kind of mountains i might be able to climb which are non-technical, fun, and perhaps have glaciers somewhere on them so that they qualify to get me into the Mazamas (this will give me a better chance to get on some of their climbs).

oh yeah and also the roads are clear to the trailhead. also important.

i imagine old snowy and ives peaks are pretty snowed in atm too.

and yeah i'm gonna wait till the avy level drops too.

any recommendations?