CRATER LAKE BACK PACKING TRIP 33 MILES SNOW CAMPIN

TRoth

Hi, Im Tyler and this is my first post on here. I am a NW climber of rock and mountains but this is a post about a trip im trying to organize asap. I know this isnt exactly a backpacking forum so I hope that I dont offend anyone by misplacing this.

"copied from my protland craigslist ad"

Hey my spring break is fast approaching and I'm planning on backpacking 33 miles around Crater Lake. My spring break dates are 18-28 of this month and this will most likely be a 5-6 day trip incluting one day travel total.

I have exhausted my resources of back packing friends and I would really like to be out there with someone for safety reasons, company, and gear distribution. dont get me wrong, I will go out by myself but Id rather be in a group.

This will be a WINTER CAMPING TRIP (ON SNOW SHOES WHOLE TIME MOST LIKELY)

I have extensive backpacking, winter camping, and mountaineering experience. I have all of my own gear and may have doubles of things if you would need some stuff. I have a Black Diamond Oasis 3 tent that I'm planning on bringing, MSR whisper lite stove with winter base, jetboil, all the necessities, GPS with topographic data of the region, maps, the whole shebang!!

I would realy like to find someone who has experience in the snow and can take care of themselfs on trips. I am also a Wilderness First Responder and an EMT-B so you should feel safe with me.

Im 21 and in college full time and need a good extensive trip to clear my head of the stress of school. I have never been to Crater Lake so I am very excited. I have been watching snow and weather forcasts aswell as Avalanche reports. I am also Avalanche 1 certified. It would be nice if you knew basics of reading slopes and snow conditions. Its a huge bonus if you have dug snow pits and examined snow grains.

I'm looking to have an intense hike but lay back and enjoy mayself at camp at night (*Flask of whiskey to warm the soul maybe)

Please get back to me asap, we will need to get permits which shouldnt be too hard and Im flexible to any dates (plan on 6 days) between 18th and 28th of march!!

Call Tyler If interested or email and lets make this happen!!!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic