Index TRs--serioulsy?!

kayfire

I agree with Sherri and Ivan, who both always deliver the humor and a 4 dimensional viewpoint. It is all about that curious mix of information and entertainment that keeps bringing us back.

BTW, I did a TR on Classic Crack in Leavenworth, all 50 feet of it and ended up with over 5000 page views. I guess some folks enjoyed.

Anybody remember Uncle Tricky? His TRs were the bomb for humor.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like reading the TRs. Even the most mundane climb and be an interesting TR with some pictures and something to say. It gets boring on this site sometimes when it is all BS/Spray and nobody actually talking about getting out and doing something.

So take some pictures and post some TRs, i'll read them. If you don't like it read something else.

Couldn't have said it better meself, cman!

As far as the "something else" part, go for a dig into the ten years worth of TRs this place has accumulated. In additon to hundreds of TRs on the Tooth, Outer Space and the south side of Hood, there are countless more unique posts.... humor, amazing photos, countless obscure corners of the Cascades and other parts of the globe. There's some pretty funny old Spray threads too.

seriously, if you have'nt ever posted a TR (like myself and the orignial poster in this thread) then you should'nt be disrespecting other TR's. Bad form IMHO. You don't have to read them. Personally, I enjoy seeing the photos and TR's, even for trade routes and days cragging.

Not to be too much of an asshole or anything, but, seriously, what's up with the Index trip reports?! Do we really need a TR of Joe Blow's umpteenth foray up Godzilla, BOC, Roger's Corner? I guess if I'm not interested in such TRs, then I just shouldn't click on the links--true enough; however, this fact aside, I am, nevertheless, intrigued at what's prompting folks to post such drivel. Since I'm getting shit off my chest, I might as well state this as well: I don't give a flying fuck what you and your buddies at for breakfast! Seriously, if I see one more TR that starts off: "The alarm went off; it was early; my buddy and me stopped at McDonald for coffee and Egg McMuffins" I'm going to hurl. DO NOT CARE PEOPLE. Reporting what's in, how much snow's left on the approach/descent, etc., great, nice, useful information. That you ate a big breakfast, took a shit, that Godzilla requires a "full rack"--drivel. Ok, and one final thing--I'm getting tired of reading TR where people state what they brought, but did not use; e.g., "I brought ice screws, but did not use." Useless information. If in your TR you don't tell me you used a piece of gear, I'm not going to assume you did.

:wazup:

where's yer tr's dawg? show us how it's done! :)

Yes, perhaps I should contribute; here goes:

Today I went to Vantage--it was SICK!

On the way to Vantage I stopped at the gas station where I was like, "Should I fill up with Unleaded or Premium. Hmmmm. Well," I thought, "you only live once!" so I filled 'er up with premium unleaded...SICK! Next, I stopped in North Bend where I stopped and bought a breakfast sandwich, a cup 'o joe, and a maxipad; the sandwich was to DIE FOR; the coffee was HOT; and the maxipad, oh so soft. SICK!

At Vantage I climbed a bunch of gas ass sport routes--SICK! I took 20 draws (10 with orange dog bones; 10 with pink dog bones); however, I only used 11. I also brought bigbros (did not use); balznuts (did not use); nuts (did not use); pickets (did not use), crampons (did not use), plastic boots (used only for the approach), and testicles (DID NOT USE). SICK!

The drive home--SICK!

Will post some pictures later.

All in all a SICK day!

Thanks to all my bros and hos--you guys rock; what would I do without you. Oh yeah! And props to Jane for her first lead! Super duper SICK!

Utter confusion....

You say you don't care...but you post that fact as if you care....then you TR'd a SICK gasaholic trip up some plastic round up of an ant hill as if you care...again. You have testicles and maxipads for you protection....that's just hemaphroditee of you.

Thank you for taking the time to post your hole.

I like reading the TRs. Even the most mundane climb and be an interesting TR with some pictures and something to say. It gets boring on this site sometimes when it is all BS/Spray and nobody actually talking about getting out and doing something.

So take some pictures and post some TRs, i'll read them. If you don't like it read something else.

:tup::tup::tup:

On the way to Vantage I stopped at the gas station where I was like, "Should I fill up with Unleaded or Premium. Hmmmm. Well," I thought, "you only live once!" so I filled 'er up with premium unleaded...SICK! Next, I stopped in North Bend where I stopped and bought a breakfast sandwich, a cup 'o joe, and a maxipad; the sandwich was to DIE FOR; the coffee was HOT; and the maxipad, oh so soft. SICK!

At Vantage I climbed a bunch of gas ass sport routes--SICK! I took 20 draws (10 with orange dog bones; 10 with pink dog bones); however, I only used 11. I also brought bigbros (did not use); balznuts (did not use); nuts (did not use); pickets (did not use), crampons (did not use), plastic boots (used only for the approach), and testicles (DID NOT USE). SICK!

The drive home--SICK!

All in all a SICK day!

Thanks to all my bros and hos--you guys rock; what would I do without you. Oh yeah! And props to Jane for her first lead! Super duper SICK!

Sounds SUPER FUN

Cheers

Why buy a mattress anywhere else

ding!

The drive home--SICK!

All in all a SICK day!

Sounds SUPER FUN

Cheers

Why buy a mattress anywhere else

ding!

noway, mike picked up a SICKY sense of humor in UTAH... :lmao:

Wellll, that's a crab louse, and it's OK to say pubic hair, you don't have to keep calling it vagatation Gspot'r. So they are dripping off of ya. Just get some rid buddy and you'll be fine.

ps- keep bringing on the climbing, and make sure you bring on the pictures with it too. Except for those like Layton's, no pics is fine there. There is a site called "Rate my poo", where some great pics can be found of that if it's your thing though.

I went climbing in Hope and the fucking ticks were raining off the vegetation.

tick.gif

The poster of this thread takes climbing way too serious and has now made it apparent that they are a stuck up elitist cunt! Way too put others down who are stoked on climbing anything they can. As long as people are excited on what they are doing, I'm happy to see it posted.

hey at least people aren't posting trip reports of Tiger Mountain or Mt. Si everyday!

Actually, today I went to Si. It was so SICK! Well, maybe not the big Si cuz we're not ready for that. Just the Little Si. It was still totally SICK, though. Actually, we didn't make it all the way up the trail, we got sidetracked by this SICK cliff. There were some small curly-haired dogs walking on the trail that left little curly dumps on the gravel by the parking lot - SICK! -but they didn't scare us - the dogs or their dumps- cuz we're climbers. Well, mybe not REAL climbers, more like SPORT climbers.

So we warmed up on a reptilian climb. It was SICK. A few bolts next to a crack. But hey, it's sport climbing so what do you want?! We used my pink rope. The anchors look crappy and need to be replaced so someone doesn't lower, fall, bounce on his head on the ledge, and fly into the trees below in a pile of gelatinous gray matter. SICK! Then we went to climb some route named after prana-topped hotties in VW. It was SICK . The route was dry except on the last move to the chains you had to step into a sopping slobbery foothold while pulling an undercling on an overhanging wall. SICK. Clip, clip. Lower.

Meanwhile, a 5.14 climber was warming up on my SICK project. Well, it's not mine, and it's not a project, cuz it's been climbed 1000s of times be4, but it's a project for me cuz I haven't climbed it so I was projecting my proj. And it's SO SICK! It would be my first at that number grade. So I asked the 5.14 climber to hang some qdraws for me, cuz I'll take any help I can get. So I set out on my redpoint attempt - actually pinkpoint because the draws were pre-placed - feeling like Superman. Well, not really super, but at least OK, and more like a sport climber dude than a real MAN, so really just an OK sport climber dude. SICK! I was stressed beacuse my lucky chalkbag was at the gym where I left it on Friday, but I borrowed one so it was ok. So I started up the proj. I made it through the SICK bouldery lower crux, rested on the ledge while my belayer untangled a hairball of rope, barely hung in there through the enduro middle, and snagged a SICK rest on a hold so caked with chalk it looked like a seagull guanofest party. But I chalked more anyway cuz it was my proj I was projecting. Then I slapped up the arete, sketched past the second to last bolt and...fell two moves from the end of the bidness of the route. Not so sick. More sickening. Simply ran out of juice and couldn't crimp the crimpy crimps on the bouldery upper bulging SICK final crux. So I hung like only sportos can and then climbed to the top, undaunted by the fact that the bolts were almost 6 ft apart! SICK! Redpoint still awaits. So that was my day at Mt Si, or at least Little SI, or somewhere up the trail half way to Little Si. SICK!

Not to be too much of an *&%hole or anything,...

Mission failed!

... but, seriously, what's up with the Index trip reports?! Do we really need a TR of Joe Blow's umpteenth foray up Godzilla, BOC, Roger's Corner?

Yes we do.

I guess if I'm not interested in such TRs, then I just shouldn't click on the links--true enough...

TRUE ENOUGH! Scroll on by!

DO NOT CARE PEOPLE.

It ain't all about you. Go away if you don't like it, "Kayfire", or is it "Trollfire"?.

DWAYNER SAYS : BOOO BOOO BOOOOO BOOOO

Put up some decent TR's of your own before you start knocking others. Then maybe we'll give half a crap about what you have to say.

Interesting logic. My points are either true or not true; there's no action that will make the points any more or less true, yet, according to your logic, my points will be valued at "half a crap" only when I post "decent TR's" (btw, rocketparrotlet, you don't need an apostrophe in TRs--just saying). I guess the real question is, what type of post would I have to make to have my points valued at a whole crap? Might as well go for broke, eh?

You people are funny; I posted this as mostly a harmless jab at our friend denalidevo (a fact conceded in my second post above). Even the most serious of you must admit (Mountaineers members aside) that multiple TRs on single pitch routes is kind of funny. This is cc.com for goodness sake! How I miss the good 'ol days when people didn't take themselves so seriously here; the days when, if you were being a deush, people told you so, and you thanked them for it. For better or worse you've got to miss the Caveman et al. Anyways, in sum, to those of you taking yourself and this site way too seriously, I apologize that, for the sake of humor, by posting what many of you were already thinking, I rubbed a few of you the wrong way.

Hugs and kisses,

Kayfire

P.S. Geez Dwayner, get over yourself buddy—in light of your many “respectful” anti-bolt diatribes (many of which I agree with, btw), you’re comments are fairly amusing (although your points are well taken) . Silly professor!

Kay,

Many on this site view TRs as the best content on cc.com. A number of TR posters have gotten tired of the endless spray that clogs the arteries here, and several have stopped posting their cool climbing stories. So if someone like you makes a post that threatens to eliminate another chunk of TRs, it should not be surprising that many people take offense. Without TRs this site would be just another trash talk heap on the interweb. If talking trash about TRs is your thing then find one of those other sites or move to spray.

Thanks and have a lovely day.

Rad

Needless spray is exactly why I, for a long time, never bothered to post any TR's of any kind on cc.com. Then for some reason lately I decided, what the hell, to start posting. I think mainly because I was jazzed to be climbing in Dec, Jan and Feb - thought others might feel the same and wouldn't mind hearing about the conditions, etc. If you think this is as useless as daytime TV, nobody's forcing you to read 'em.

By the way, climbed on GNS yesterday - took some Index "newbies" on their first crack climbs. I'll skip the boring details, but It was SICK! :crazy:

Kay,

Many on this site view TRs as the best content on cc.com. A number of TR posters have gotten tired of the endless spray that clogs the arteries here, and several have stopped posting their cool climbing stories. So if someone like you makes a post that threatens to eliminate another chunk of TRs, it should not be surprising that many people take offense. Without TRs this site would be just another trash talk heap on the interweb. If talking trash about TRs is your thing then find one of those other sites or move to spray.

Thanks and have a lovely day.

Rad

in fact, why post TR's for any climbs at all? With my experience at CCC.com, someone is bound to spray the shit out of just about any report, no matter how interesting is may be to others.

Really? I've been reading for quite a while and the TR forum is usually pretty remarkably spray-free.

Trip report. Nevervember 34, 2010.

Peak: Vertical World Seattle

Route: The blue, red, green, and orange tape routes, all 5.10's, all metamorphosed polycarbonate greenshyst of varying hues.

Approach: a very long 10 miles on wet roads fighting traffic the whole way, high objective hazard from cell phone and texting drivers. We left the car and hiked all the way across the parking lot, up the steps(steepest part of the approach), in through the front door, past the counter, to the gear up area and then to the base of the routes.

Gear list: day pack, rock shoes, old harness, chalkbag, toothbrush (very important), hat, extra T-shirt. We were really winging it because we didn't have any of the 10 essentials. This is only recommended for experts.

We cinched our laces and carefully tied into the top rope, gathering what little wits we had and gritting our teeth. We sucked it up and dared to climb a seemingly interminable 40 feet up to the ceiling multiple times. It took a lot of courage to climb when faced with missing tape markers, loose holds and falling gumbies. We almost got kicked in the head more than once.

It was extreme full conditions since it was near opening time and the heaters hadn't had a chance to take effect. We had to use all our extra gear, the hat and T-shirt, to avoid full on hypothermia. We did have a cell phone though so we weren't really taking too much risk. We could have called for a rescue or a latte for that matter.

We pushed the limits and we didn't even have a guide book to tell us all the particulars. The descents weren't too bad really, sort of self explanatory. Climb up and descend along where the rope goes down to where you started. Someone should do up a guide book though for those who are a little unsure of their capabilities.

All in all the trip was a success, highly recommended, the scenery especially, eye-candy mountain off in the distance about 2 to 30 feet or so away.

Trip report. Nevervember 34, 2010.

Peak: Vertical World Seattle

Route: The blue, red, green, and orange tape routes, all 5.10's, all metamorphosed polycarbonate greenshyst of varying hues.

Approach: a very long 10 miles on wet roads fighting traffic the whole way, high objective hazard from cell phone and texting drivers. We left the car and hiked all the way across the parking lot, up the steps(steepest part of the approach), in through the front door, past the counter, to the gear up area and then to the base of the routes.

Gear list: day pack, rock shoes, old harness, chalkbag, toothbrush (very important), hat, extra T-shirt. We were really winging it because we didn't have any of the 10 essentials. This is only recommended for experts.

We cinched our laces and carefully tied into the top rope, gathering what little wits we had and gritting our teeth. We sucked it up and dared to climb a seemingly interminable 40 feet up to the ceiling multiple times. It took a lot of courage to climb when faced with missing tape markers, loose holds and falling gumbies. We almost got kicked in the head more than once.

It was extreme full conditions since it was near opening time and the heaters hadn't had a chance to take effect. We had to use all our extra gear, the hat and T-shirt, to avoid full on hypothermia. We did have a cell phone though so we weren't really taking too much risk. We could have called for a rescue or a latte for that matter.

We pushed the limits and we didn't even have a guide book to tell us all the particulars. The descents weren't too bad really, sort of self explanatory. Climb up and descend along where the rope goes down to where you started. Someone should do up a guide book though for those who are a little unsure of their capabilities.

All in all the trip was a success, highly recommended, the scenery especially, eye-candy mountain off in the distance about 2 to 30 feet or so away.

tr's w/o pix only get 3 lines of attention :(