Index TRs--serioulsy?!

kayfire

Not to be too much of an asshole or anything, but, seriously, what's up with the Index trip reports?! Do we really need a TR of Joe Blow's umpteenth foray up Godzilla, BOC, Roger's Corner? I guess if I'm not interested in such TRs, then I just shouldn't click on the links--true enough; however, this fact aside, I am, nevertheless, intrigued at what's prompting folks to post such drivel. Since I'm getting shit off my chest, I might as well state this as well: I don't give a flying fuck what you and your buddies ate for breakfast! Seriously, if I see one more TR that starts off: "The alarm went off; it was early; my buddy and me stopped at McDonald for coffee and Egg McMuffins" I'm going to hurl. DO NOT CARE PEOPLE. Reporting what's in, how much snow's left on the approach/descent, etc., great, nice, useful information. That you ate a big breakfast, took a shit, that Godzilla requires a "full rack"--drivel. Ok, and one final thing--I'm getting tired of reading TR where people state what they brought, but did not use; e.g., "I brought ice screws, but did not use." Useless information. If in your TR you don't tell me you used a piece of gear, I'm not going to assume you did.

:wazup:

Edited by kayfire

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to be too much of an asshole or anything, but, seriously, what's up with the Index trip reports?! Do we really need a TR of Joe Blow's umpteenth foray up Godzilla, BOC, Roger's Corner? I guess if I'm not interested in such TRs, then I just shouldn't click on the links--true enough; however, this fact aside, I am, nevertheless, intrigued at what's prompting folks to post such drivel. Since I'm getting shit off my chest, I might as well state this as well: I don't give a flying fuck what you and your buddies at for breakfast! Seriously, if I see one more TR that starts off: "The alarm went off; it was early; my buddy and me stopped at McDonald for coffee and Egg McMuffins" I'm going to hurl. DO NOT CARE PEOPLE. Reporting what's in, how much snow's left on the approach/descent, etc., great, nice, useful information. That you ate a big breakfast, took a shit, that Godzilla requires a "full rack"--drivel. Ok, and one final thing--I'm getting tired of reading TR where people state what they brought, but did not use; e.g., "I brought ice screws, but did not use." Useless information. If in your TR you don't tell me you used a piece of gear, I'm not going to assume you did.

where's yer tr's dawg? show us how it's done! :)

Different strokes fer different folks. Not all of us are obviously as bad-ass as you... in fact, why post TR's for any climbs at all? With my experience at CCC.com, someone is bound to spray the shit out of just about any report, no matter how interesting is may be to others. Why put up with it at all?

Do we really need a TR of Joe Blow's umpteenth foray up Godzilla, BOC, Roger's Corner? I guess if I'm not interested in such TRs, then I just shouldn't click on the links--true enough;

Not to be too much of an asshole or anything, but, seriously, what's up with the Index trip reports?! Do we really need a TR of Joe Blow's umpteenth foray up Godzilla, BOC, Roger's Corner? I guess if I'm not interested in such TRs, then I just shouldn't click on the links--true enough; however, this fact aside, I am, nevertheless, intrigued at what's prompting folks to post such drivel. Since I'm getting shit off my chest, I might as well state this as well: I don't give a flying fuck what you and your buddies at for breakfast! Seriously, if I see one more TR that starts off: "The alarm went off; it was early; my buddy and me stopped at McDonald for coffee and Egg McMuffins" I'm going to hurl. DO NOT CARE PEOPLE. Reporting what's in, how much snow's left on the approach/descent, etc., great, nice, useful information. That you ate a big breakfast, took a shit, that Godzilla requires a "full rack"--drivel. Ok, and one final thing--I'm getting tired of reading TR where people state what they brought, but did not use; e.g., "I brought ice screws, but did not use." Useless information. If in your TR you don't tell me you used a piece of gear, I'm not going to assume you did.

where's yer tr's dawg? show us how it's done! :)

Yes, perhaps I should contribute; here goes:

Today I went to Vantage--it was SICK!

On the way to Vantage I stopped at the gas station where I was like, "Should I fill up with Unleaded or Premium. Hmmmm. Well," I thought, "you only live once!" so I filled 'er up with premium unleaded...SICK! Next, I stopped in North Bend where I stopped and bought a breakfast sandwich, a cup 'o joe, and a maxipad; the sandwich was to DIE FOR; the coffee was HOT; and the maxipad, oh so soft. SICK!

At Vantage I climbed a bunch of gas ass sport routes--SICK! I took 20 draws (10 with orange dog bones; 10 with pink dog bones); however, I only used 11. I also brought bigbros (did not use); balznuts (did not use); nuts (did not use); pickets (did not use), crampons (did not use), plastic boots (used only for the approach), and testicles (DID NOT USE). SICK!

The drive home--SICK!

Will post some pictures later.

All in all a SICK day!

Thanks to all my bros and hos--you guys rock; what would I do without you. Oh yeah! And props to Jane for her first lead! Super duper SICK!

Climbing is climbing, and if I am not climbing, I enjoy hearing what the lucky stiffs who ARE climbing are up to. The early-season TR's are the best cuz they're put up by folks who are motivated enough to get out there and get after it ASAP(not wait around like me until it's a comfy 62 degrees before my wimpy fingers can bear to touch rock).

I say keep 'em coming. And if Fig Newtons were vital to the success of the send, I want to know. Serioulsy. :tup:

SICK! :D

Yes, perhaps I should contribute; here goes:

Today I went to Vantage--it was SICK!

On the way to Vantage I stopped at the gas station where I was like, "Should I fill up with Unleaded or Premium. Hmmmm. Well," I thought, "you only live once!" so I filled 'er up with premium unleaded...SICK! Next, I stopped in North Bend where I stopped and bought a breakfast sandwich, a cup 'o joe, and a maxipad; the sandwich was to DIE FOR; the coffee was HOT; and the maxipad, oh so soft. SICK!

At Vantage I climbed a bunch of gas ass sport routes--SICK! I took 20 draws (10 with orange dog bones; 10 with pink dog bones); however, I only used 11. I also brought bigbros (did not use); balznuts (did not use); nuts (did not use); pickets (did not use), crampons (did not use), plastic boots (used only for the approach), and testicles (DID NOT USE). SICK!

The drive home--SICK!

Will post some pictures later.

All in all a SICK day!

Thanks to all my bros and hos--you guys rock; what would I do without you. Oh yeah! And props to Jane for her first lead! Super duper SICK!

Different strokes fer different folks. Not all of us are obviously as bad-ass as you... in fact, why post TR's for any climbs at all? With my experience at CCC.com, someone is bound to spray the shit out of just about any report, no matter how interesting is may be to others. Why put up with it at all?

Do we really need a TR of Joe Blow's umpteenth foray up Godzilla, BOC, Roger's Corner? I guess if I'm not interested in such TRs, then I just shouldn't click on the links--true enough;

Don't be too sore denalidevo--I'm just trying to rile you. :) I do find such TR's a bit amusing, but, basically, Sheri's comments are spot on. Cheers peeps!

Edited by kayfire

Thanks Sherri! I guess if I write up a TR of how I climbed Godzilla for the "umpteenth time" in January when it was 33 degrees, I'll just have to take the chance of offending some poor sob who's stuck indoors reading my "drivel" at the comfort of their computer. I'll take that any day. :poke:

Climbing is climbing, and if I am not climbing, I enjoy hearing what the lucky stiffs who ARE climbing are up to. The early-season TR's are the best cuz they're put up by folks who are motivated enough to get out there and get after it ASAP(not wait around like me until it's a comfy 62 degrees before my wimpy fingers can bear to touch rock).

YO bishes. You just made me smile and laugh. And today, I went to index. I climbed some and to totally honest my partner and I stepped out of the car and immediately started talking shit about the TR's of cragging at Index and hilarious it would be to hear a TR about Vantage sport climbing. And how much entertainment this gave us to laugh our asses off and talk shit all fucking day. This is my night cap. Thanks for the send off. Tomorrow I'll be at Vantage. I'll think about writing up a TR for this one as well.

I say keep 'em coming. And if Fig Newtons were vital to the success of the send, I want to know. Serioulsy. :tup:

Fig Newtons are aid.

you can write a tr 'bout anything so long as it features the skillful use of colorful vernacular (cocksuckaaa!!!)

As demonstrated by one author's penning of the ultimate Trip Report, which begins with, "We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when ..."

Climbed on my garage wall Saturday. Conditions were ideal. Had an entire rack hanging nearby, but resisted the temptation, and didn't use a single piece of gear all day. After sending several free solo FA's, I went to Subway and ate a footlong chicken bacon ranch. All in all a sick day.

...Fig Newton's are malleable.

Not to be too much of an asshole or anything, but, seriously, what's up with the Index trip reports?! Do we really need a TR of Joe Blow's umpteenth foray up Godzilla, BOC, Roger's Corner? I guess if I'm not interested in such TRs, then I just shouldn't click on the links--true enough; however, this fact aside, I am, nevertheless, intrigued at what's prompting folks to post such drivel. Since I'm getting shit off my chest, I might as well state this as well: I don't give a flying fuck what you and your buddies ate for breakfast! Seriously, if I see one more TR that starts off: "The alarm went off; it was early; my buddy and me stopped at McDonald for coffee and Egg McMuffins" I'm going to hurl. DO NOT CARE PEOPLE. Reporting what's in, how much snow's left on the approach/descent, etc., great, nice, useful information. That you ate a big breakfast, took a shit, that Godzilla requires a "full rack"--drivel. Ok, and one final thing--I'm getting tired of reading TR where people state what they brought, but did not use; e.g., "I brought ice screws, but did not use." Useless information. If in your TR you don't tell me you used a piece of gear, I'm not going to assume you did.

Sounds like you need to get some...........

I've always thought it funny how, after a weekend during the winter months, there will be approximately ten new trip reports about various single pitch ice routes that were climbed at snoqualmie pass (half of them being the same), when every year we have a thread created to WA State Ice Conditions...