Camping reservation needed on Rainier??

medicsandy

None of the three guiding services has any claim to the public hut at Muir - they have exclusive use of the Gombu hut only. Clients that don't fit into the Gombu stay in tents, not the public shelter. This is a condition stipulated by their concession with RNP.

^^ BirdDog mentions "First Come First Served" for the Muir Hut. Keep in mind that once summer guiding season starts, that thing IS reserved for RMI since they bring clients up without tents. During the winter guided climbs, the groups are small enough that there will be enough room in Muir for everybody.
ah, thanks for the correction!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks SO MUCH to everyone that has actually answered my question and for the climbing encouragement! I've decided to take the "Ohio" comment as a compliment. I think it says a lot when a 48 year old woman decides to start climbing mountains, while having nothing more then a 4 foot hill to train on, while all the other women in the neighborhood are only worried about their next manicure! I'll be sure and post a pic of me and my tent at Muir! You guys are the best (with one little exception)!!