• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Doesnt the nose of el crap face south?

Yep, and it's one of the easiest wall routes on the formation.

How many times you done it? Anyway it may be but it sure took a long time before El Crap was climbed. It's so "easiest" not even the Hubers have lined up for the free ascent [big Grin]

[ 11-13-2002, 03:45 PM: Message edited by: Cpt.Caveman ]

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by ScottP:

quote:

Doesnt the nose of el crap face south?

Yep, and it's one of the easiest wall routes on the formation.

How many times you done it? Anyway it may be but it sure took a long time before El Crap was climbed. It's so "easiest" not even the Hubers have lined up for the free ascent
[big Grin]
Notice I said "wall" route as opposed to the more difficult "free climb" that it is. As for future free ascents, I don't think there are a lot of guys out there willing to risk getting spanked by a route first freed by a woman. To much of the ol' ego at stake.

Me and a buddy were recently talking about all the hard North Faces and easy South routes up mountains like Index, Baring, Rainier, Baker, Hood, Adams, da Tooth, whatever. There is a lot of contrast between the North and South sides of most mountains around here and elsewhere, the Alps for example. Why is that? I have my own ideas (erosion? freezing? aliens?) but I just know there is some geo-master type out there who knows for sure why that seems to be or if it's actually not the case, that there is just as many steep south faces as there are easy north faces. [Confused]