Stolen Rack. Portland area.

eldiente

Hey all. I just had a huge pile of gear stolen from my car last night. Yes, please lecture me about leaving my rack in the car. These ass-holes were brave, they cleaned out my car while I was taking a break from loading it up! Please keep an eye out for this gear and let me or the police know if you see it.

The worst of it all is that my shoes were stolen after I just spent two full weeks breaking them in. Arrg!

This is a rough list of what is missing. I'll work on getting a full inventory soon.The climbing hardware is missed the most is listed below. I hope some meth head enjoys climbing cracks on my hardware!

2X set of Aliens. Blue-Orange.

3X set of BD C4 Cams. .4-#5

2x set of BD C3 Cams. Purple- Yellow

2X seto of Master Cams: Blue-Orange

Set of draws.

Set of Alpine Draws.

Nuts. BD and Offsets

Ropes. 2x 60 and 70 M.

Shoes. TC Pro, Muria, 2x Pitons. Size 40 on most of these.

BD Harnes. Size M.

GriGri/ATC

2x Backpacks. Size Large black Dana Design. Haul bag Size M.

Misc clothing and hiking gear.

-Nate

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey all. I just had a huge pile of gear stolen from my car last night. Yes, please lecture me about leaving my rack in the car. These ass-holes were brave, they cleaned out my car while I was taking a break from loading it up! Please keep an eye out for this gear and let me or the police know if you see it.

The worst of it all is that my shoes were stolen after I just spent two full weeks breaking them in. Arrg!

This is a rough list of what is missing. I'll work on getting a full inventory soon.The climbing hardware is missed the most is listed below. I hope some meth head enjoys climbing cracks on my hardware!

2X set of Aliens. Blue-Orange.

3X set of BD C4 Cams. .4-#5

2x set of BD C3 Cams. Purple- Yellow

2X seto of Master Cams: Blue-Orange

Set of draws.

Set of Alpine Draws.

Nuts. BD and Offsets

Ropes. 2x 60 and 70 M.

Shoes. TC Pro, Muria, 2x Pitons. Size 40 on most of these.

BD Harnes. Size M.

GriGri/ATC

2x Backpacks. Size Large black Dana Design. Haul bag Size M.

Misc clothing and hiking gear.

-Nate

Ouch!

Rental insurance?

Well as my grandma would say " They must have needed it more than you did."

I get the feeling someone was watching me, I was in the process of loading up my car with bins of gear to move it into storage. I took a break and 30 minutes later I came back and the car was cleaned out. (and I do mean clean,they even stole an old parking ticket) I could care less about the climbing gear, just metal junk, however they stole my pancake pen I got as a gift. Hard to make pancake animals without it.

Irony on this one is the last load of crap I hauled to my car (when I discovered it had been robbed) was my shotgun. Thankfully I didn't catch them in the act as I probably would have ended up in jail or worse. I hope my American Pride rope makes a good dog leash for someone.

-Nate

Don't know if that's karma. Hope you get your stuff back Nate. Do you have any pictures? Was your stuff marked with tape or paint? What color(s)? Markings on them or shoes? (like I wrote my name, with Left and Right on each shoe, the pair I bought off Andrew, I wrote "ANDREWS SHOES!" on with black felt tip markers -it makes Andrew happy to see them used) I've taken to marking my colors of blue and yellow with paint, AND writing my name on the slings of all cams for instance. Then I've taken to doing pics of gear so that when I do have to argue with the insurance guy I have evidence.

That sucks, lot of gear for sure - Good luck.

Nate, that's a drag; been there once. Good luck. Get renters insurance for this sort of thing if you don't have any other coverage. I know it seems strange that auto insurance doesn't cover thefts from cars, but it's actually renter's insurance that does.