Gorge Area LiDAR Data Wanted

justinp

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on point density, that's a huge point cloud. Lot's of luck with that.

Aside from wishing me luck. You got any suggestions? Or u just want to be a smart ass this morning? I am willing to crop down, but was shooting for the moon dude :)

What are you trying to do with it?

Mostly just for mapping purposes. Plus I think it looks cool :)

I found some data through the Puget Sound Lidar Consortium. The data is not as good as I hoped (sub meter), but it works for what I wanted for now.

beacon4.jpg

The hangover was victorious today and I didn't make it to school. I'm pretty sure that our LIDAR data is only Whatcom county(Bellingham) but its possible that more of Washington is covered. I will be there tomorrow around 10ish and can let you know for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

Lot's of areas centered around transportation facilities in the Northwest. It's a little spotty right now, but the list is growing. Highways and Airports mostly. Multiple returns on each shot means we're talking about point clouds that are very time consuming and expensive to manipulate. We don't shift data over our network, we just FedEx a hard drive.