Practice makes perfect

Toast

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Advantages of Zipper Area:

1 Possible opportunity for free climbing even in rain.

2 Large areas essentially seltered from rain.

3 Several routes to work on.

4 Widely varied terrain

a Base of zipper

b Zipper Slab

c La Bomba overhanging crack

Downside:

approach hike [Eek!]

[ 11-13-2002, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Peter Puget ]

quote:

Originally posted by Chepe:

I volunteer to smoke dope and trundle while you guys try to work on anchors so you can see what it's like to do it under Alpine conditions. HEH HEH HEH HEEEH!!

and -

Oogity Boogity!

As long as you're not trundling your little brown puppy coils!! [Eek!]

Looks like Index wins?? And by the looks of the weather forecast (so far)looks like a cold front coming through on Saturday which would mean sunday around noon sounds like a good bet? Who is all up for that? Carpooling? I live in the north end if anyone wants a lift and knows where we are going PM me. Any other Idea's?

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

Originally posted by Chepe:

I volunteer to smoke dope and trundle while you guys try to work on anchors so you can see what it's like to do it under Alpine conditions. HEH HEH HEH HEEEH!!

and -

Oogity Boogity!

As long as you're not trundling your little brown puppy coils!!
[Eek!]
I may trundle little brown puppies at you but I draw the line at touching their turds you sick bastard! [Confused]

Why is everybody so scared of climbing in the rain out here? You eliminate about 50% of the year if you don't. Oh yeah, that right, most of you are Cali/Colo transplants. It helps if you take some "meds" prior to climbing. Animals!

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

Hey Chepe what is an Oogity Boogity?!

Does it frighten you??? It should. GAH HA HA HAAAA...

Ever accidentally suck a flaming bud right through your pipe? That's oogity boogity shit right there.

Think you're only 15' above your last placement and look down to find it fell out when you climbed past it and now you are 30' above a rusty fixed pin? That, dude, is OOGITY FUCKIN BOOGITY!

YOU ARE OOGITY FUKING BOOGITY CAVEMAN! ITS HARSHNESS IN ALL IT'S GLORY MAN!!! WHOOO HOOO!

do a google search for more info (IF YOU DARE).

Okay, Sunday at Index it is. Lambone, Greg W, Cap'n, are you guys still in to help coach? Chepe's loadin bowls and Lee and I will buy pitchers after [big Drink]

I have a hunch Lee's done his homework like I have [big Grin] What I hope to get out of this is some critiquing on rigging belay anchors and some tricks of the trade you guys will hopefully pass on [Wink]

If this works out successful, maybe we can take Wallstein up on his offer to run a self rescue clinic in December. I'd certainly be up for that. Mike, you rock [rockband]

Toast, seems like we may be losing our instructors for the day. I am still in though as like you say "practice makes perfect". I think the key though is not having a big enough rack? I have a few pieces and may pick up a couple more if needed. Let me know if you are still interested, otherwise I may try an alpine like ingalls, or argonaut depending on the weather.

[Wazzup]

Saturday works for me... but we better finalize this pretty quick. Today's Friday [Wink]

For the sake of expediency, I propose meeting Saturday at 10:00 AM at the base of Index Town Wall. If we get our shit together, maybe we can get a real climb in too.

Pipe up, who's in?

Sounds like a plan, I am in as well. Just checked the weather forecast, could someone explain to me what the difference is between periods of rain (saturday) and showers (Sunday)? Is this so the forecaster's are not to redundant?? This is Seattle in November why don't they just give up and say this months forecast is possibly wet on a daily basis?