Offset Cam (Met.) sizes?

jfs1978

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crillz - no specific wall routes at this point...just expanding my standard rack slowly to prep for a couple later this year. Trying to figure out where to start. Think Valley classics, nothing obscure...yet...Lurking Fear, Nose, etc. Gear budget is of course rather limited...trying not to waste money. Currently set with doubles to triples thru C4 #3s and singles above with some smaller mastercams and a smattering of C3s and micro TCUs. Offsets are an unknown for me...i.e. how many and what sizes for a typical wall rack.

Yes...like everyone...I can never have enough toys.

Thanks underworld.

js

working on an assortment of other aid tools...as I slowly migrate over to the dark side.

I have both offset aliens and metolious mastercam offsets.

If your going with the metolious I would say go with the master cam offsets. I call em Metolious aliens.

The Blue-Yellow and Yellow-orange are the money sizes. Next on the list would be the blue-purple.

Having used both I think that Metolious has gone a long way to rivaling and maybe surpassing the alien. I definately think the mastercams will last longer than the triggers on the aliens but I still like the soft alloy used with the aliens. You can't go wrong with either really.

J., the offset TCU's that we bought are still sitting comfortably on the shelf...I'd go with offset mastercams.

Having said that, I don't think mastercams measure up to aliens for pinscars.

Not an offset but the small metal plate to which trig. wires connect is closer to the lobes on aliens - just more compact, so that the whole assembly fits nicely in a pin scar usually. Again too anal maybe but if you gonna spend a shitton of $$...

403723.jpg

Thanks R. Not too anal...or else I'm equally anal. The cable and trigger setup on Mastercams has always raised a couple questions for me. Interesting shot of one in action.

Still useable but not like a good ol' Alien. =)

That said...my Metolius dollar goes a LOT farther than my CCH dollar so...