SOLD: Rab Summit Extreme eVENT Shelter

bcier

Rab Summit Extreme eVENT Shelter $250

6 stake outs, 8 guy outs and 2 donut links (don't even have to run rope from your harness outside). One internal donut link at top and one external donut link on the side.

Also has mosquito netting door so you can use it below the alpine.

Down sizing back to bivy. Willing to trade for Integral Designs eVent overbag/bivy.

HPIM0499.jpgHPIM0487.jpg

Photos of repairs. 1st is a floor patch. 2nd is a side wall patch.

HPIM0490.jpgHPIM0488.jpg

Edited by bcier

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty good in the rain/wet weather. I've used it a lot in southwest BC this winter (near Vancouver). I keep my feet by the door and my head by the rear tunnel vent. I also leave the top of the door open a crack while still have the having the external storm flap protecting it. I haven't noticed any condensation on the eVent walls but I did notice some condensation on the metal poles. Its pretty easy to pitch. In a storm I drape the shelter over my body with my head at the vent and then I insert the poles from within standing up.

Having used a tent like this, the only thing I would say is that without a peak you have to really seal the thing up in heavy rain, not an issue of leaks but of oppressiveness.

For a year round tent I think I prefer the ID Wedge because of the vestibule which is so nice in the rain, for a winter tent I prefer the Firstlight b/c the height makes a big difference when I do not need waterproofing. The Rab seems somewhat in between.

That said the eVent fabric is awesome; my partner called my Rab the 'love nest' though, he preferred not to go in 8D