ertical World staff needs some training on customer relations

Cpt.Caveman

Went into Vworld and got some seriously bad service yesterday. The gal was not exactly the most friendly and kind of smart ass. I shrugged it off because I was not in the mood for any type of confrontation at the time.

What the fu(*&*& about the ripoff prices too! This was my 2nd time there and I could have driven to the crag and back for less money. I think I will in the future frown.gif

Vworld gets two thumbs down.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I hate the gym, but if I have to go I tend to go to Stone Gardens. Can't remember the last time I went to the gym though...

I guess I went to the Portland Rock gym a few months ago because I was waiting for my friend to get off work there so we could go drink some beers! Cool place, they even let my pooch hang out next to the area open to the outside. He liked it there. Dagen votes for the Portland Rock gym as the only gym worth going to.

I have been going to the outdoor wall nearby at Marymoor Park instead of Redmond VW since they built it. I have not got any attitude there since the park staff stopped locking the gate at dusk. Ok, it's not so good in winter but you can work on getting your fingers to stay warm on cold concrete.

You know that after the little incident this spring that the real name for Stone Gardens is "Stoner Gardens" don't you? Eh eh.."I hope those guys have a sense of humor and don't take me into court" <Quote from the Dead Milkmen>

Hey Hawk what's up? Does anyone know that little rock monkey? Cool guy. Took my friend Phil up "Serenity Crack" and "Son's of yesterday". That little gym rat had to scrounge up a borrowed rack to do it too. It was pretty damn funny. People were handing over all the gear that never leaves the rack. You know like Lowe tricams and bumbly shit you hate to place on lead (unless you're The Pope of course). I think he pretty much had to run everything out too. Anyway, right on Hawk.

Is this the girl giving you grief Caveman? DON'T try to take her on bro! She know's Ninja and how to spell Kung Foo backwards(sp?), BEWARE of her sharp pointy teeth!

mikea0005.JPG

[This message has been edited by mikeadam (edited 08-07-2001).]

Personally, I would consider climbing gyms much like the brothels. You can get laid outside in the real world with a little effort. But for those who either have not enough gumption, self-esteem or are just plain ugly there are the brothels/climbing gyms.

Why pay for climbing, when there is an abundance of it out there for free! The weather excuse is a poor one, as well! You live in the P.N.W. and you know it is gonna rain and rain alot, adapt and try climbing when it is wet. Your technique will improve more then you could ever know. Now you will focus on your foot work and breathing. Use that over priced coated nylon jacket for somehting other then your stroll down the coffe shop.

So if anyone is interested you can buy my book. "The Self-Rightous Climber!"

Caveman,

Hey, I'm sorry you were unsatisfied with the service at the Redmond Gym. I don't know those guys, but alot of times the VW staff tends to be really sarcastic. Costomers don't allways pick up on the joke, or just not think it was funny. My guess is that you were pissed off before you even walked into the gym. Oh well, life goes on.

As for the price, hell it's alot cheaper than skiing, or a regular fitness gym for that matter. It's a buisness man, and it's not cheap to run a buisness these days. Check out the prices for Rock Climbing Gyms in Tokyo if you think you've got it bad.

As for SG vrs. VW, go to both and decide which you like better. Thats the benifit of living in this beautiful country of ours!

But come on, why don't you tell us what really happened at the gym... Ok, let me guess.

You went in there, changed into your spandex jumpsuit, yanked on those old dirty EB's, and chalked up. You were going to stretch, but then you saw some hot babe over in the bouldering cave. You tried to hit on her, but she was two focused on her project and woudn't give you the time of day. So in a desperate attempt to win her attention you jumped on this really cool lookin V5. You stuck the deadpoint to the mono, then- POP!!!!! Yes, the whole gym heard it Cavey, we all know what happened. You thought you were tough... and now you have a blown ring tendon. Well done. Don't take it out on the staff man, we see this kind of shit happen every day. Thats what waiver forms are for...

Lambone the gym rat/devil devil.gif

[This message has been edited by lambone (edited 08-10-2001).]

quote:

Originally posted by lambone:

Caveman,

Hey, I'm sorry you were unsatisfied with the service. My guess is that you were pissed on before you even walked into the gym. you think you've got it bad?

But come on, why don't you tell us what really happened at the gym... Ok, let me guess.

You went in there, yanked on those old dirty men, and then you saw some hot babe over in the bouldering cave. You hit on her, but she was her project- POP!!!!! Yes, the whole gym heard it Cavey, we all know what happened. You thought you were tough... and now you have a blown ring. Well done.

[This message has been condensed by Dru(edited 08-10-2001).]

Caveman got a blown ring and the whole gym saw it? Is this cc.com or savagelove.com?

quote:

Originally posted by erik:

drul, you need a girlfriend baaaddddd! i mean we are talking baaaaddddd! put down the sock and go to abbotsford and hit on some ladies, but shower first, eh!

I need a "baaaaaad girlfriend", not a "girlfriend baaaad".

Cavey,

You want to talk about bad costomer service, my buddy left Seattle at five in the morning to drive out to Leavenworth to meet you at 8:00 at your request. Of course, you were not there. First rule of costomer service in retail is BE ON TIME.

I think he will like the Prophets you sold him though!