• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
andromeda

Clean Aid Rack

hooks!

hooks!

aleins! offset and reg

cam hooks!

hb offset brassnutz

bd rp nutz

is a good start

What climbs do you have in mind? I think the climb would dictate the rack although for starters i would say hooks (Leepers, Logan, Skyhook), nuts, singles to doubles in offset nuts, micro, small and medium cams. Aliens and offset aliens are super nice. Honestly, it really depends on the clean climbs you have in mind.

If you don't know what rack one should bring for C3, maybe you should start out on C1.

I have a friend that took his first aid climb (successful)on Wrist Twister C3+. I guess it depends on the person sometimes too. [Wink]

I recommend starting on C1 or 2 though as well. But you never know.

the best gear you need for C2 is a partner that leads 12d and a pair of jumars [smile]

A-5 bird beaks

camhooks

small tri-cams (first 4 sizes)

micro cams

HB brass offsets

slider ball nuts

assorted hooks

and last but not least the new Metolius sliding buckle aiders "easy aiders"

city park went from 21 placements to 18 just because the last step is always as short as possible and not constrained by a fixed step as with conventional aiders. And the best thing about them... no daisies!

I also have a Yates adjustable daisy w/ screamer that I use instead of the traditional fifi. It makes for moving into delicate placements smoother and faster on easier aid.