NW FOREST PASS

AARON1

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by upperdecker:

At least I'm honest and have a sense of humor, you quiche eaters. Come on let's face it, after 9/11 don't you hate(dislike for you PCers) sand ni--ers.

WAKE UP WHITE PEOPLE!

Not honest, just misled. Not all people of any color are the same. There some good and some bad. YinYang! I dislike mean people, people who wish harm on others. You, yankee feller, fall in this catagory. Not all sand nr's. To quote some asshole. Wake up people!

upperdecker = lower class

upperdecker = lower class I appreciate the personal recognition, you're right, that's why I'm homeless and waiting for a handout and love everyone who donates to the cause. Peace brother, sister, I wish no harm on anyone.

Wake up people!

[ 09-10-2002, 06:36 PM: Message edited by: upperdecker ]

quote:

Originally posted by upperdecker:

upperdecker = lower class I appreciate the personal recognition, you're right, that's why I'm homeless and waiting for a handout and love everyone who donates to the cause. Peace brother, sister, I wish no harm on anyone.

Wake up people!

A true saint..... ........You make the call!

Congress passed an emergency motion today to raise the price of the annual forest pass to $57.38 saying that the price of pass was not keeping up with the average American's earning ability. Also since people are working harder, that means they are enjoying their recreation even more, and hence should pay more for playing more. Toll roads are being established at all forest entrances and also at HWY 167 and 15th street which was designated a wilderness area in the bill.

Not to change the subject from the ever-useful discussions of racial supremacy, but I was looking at that NWHikers.net site, and I came across a transcript of a forest pass trial. And here's an excerpt of what a judge in the case said:

"But the difficulty here is this: there is nothing in that regulation that requires anybody to post anything on their automobile. And if the Forest Service wants to prove that somebody hasn't paid the fee, they're going to have to prove that there was no daily payment made, that there was no weekly payment made, and there was no season payment made. And if they fail to do that, they have not proved their case. And during the State's case they really haven't done that, so you sort of filled in the gaps."

The implication (http://www.nepfa.org/TTcase.html

)

is that if they take it to trial, just refuse to testify (which is what the judge told the defendant he had a right to do and should have done) and point out this aspect of 36 CFR 261.15

Invoking your 5th amendment right is one way of doing it. Simply put, the prosecutor has the burden of proof to show that you did not have the required permit. If he, or the judge, asks if you would like to testify you simply decline. If pressed, then invoke your 5th amendment rights. No defendant in any criminal proceeding is required to testify and oftentimes are counseled against it. If you are representing yourself in a case like this be careful to just ask questions and not provide testimony. In this particular case (see http://www.nepfa.org/TTcase.html) even the judge admonished the guy that he had no compulsion to testify but when he did, he admitted guilt.

This is great stuff to learn in my opinion!

I read some info on the "TT Case" from the NEFPA website and I saw something interesting near the end. The observation was made that FS officers have started questioning alleged violators at the time of giving the ticket, but are unsure how this information is being used. My take on this would be that you are NOT compelled to answer any of the Tool's questions (Miranda) at that time; he may use it against you if you take it to court. Everyone should read about this case, it is very informative.

DO NOT answer Larry the Tool's questions if accosted.

Greg W

Yeah, 36 CFR 261.15. The magistrate agreed that the government had met their burden of proof that I didn't have a pass. He was very sympathetic to my arguements, but said they were better suited to the political arena than the courtroom however. But I think I'm going to walk because of a technicality. I have learned not to tell them anything when you call the intern to set up a trial - if you just say you have a pass (maybe it wasn't visable - whatever) they will more than likely drop it I hear. I had a sign in the window protesting the NW Forest Pass, and the ranger took pictures (which were displayed at me trail), and that's why they decided to go after me, I think.

I support your comment about not revealing much info when you talk with the intern, but don't even come out and say you have a pass, I basically let him as all the questions and gave answers. I tried not to supply any info until we agreed on a case dismissal, and then I asked all kinds of process questions....

Heard on NPR today that all Washington State Parks will begin implementation of a $5 per car user fee per day in January. There will be a $50 annual pass available. Add this to the ever increasing pay to play fees that we already know all about. I think climbers should beware at Peshastin, and Olallie State Parks, and maybe others. Hell you won't even be able to go swimming at Lake Samammish w/o paying up now. Wait and see how high they jack all these fees up 10 years from now!