necessities, novelties, and plain uselessness

carolyn

[big Grin]

I'm fine with Midwest, it's a love-hate thing. [Razz]

Mountain bucks is what they used to call their employee discount program. Generally described by my friends that worked there at the time as "a rip-off". But I'm sure times are different now.

I'm also fine with 1st! [rockband] and yeah, one Suburbs show is plenty. Just like one U-Men or YFF show would be plenty for Seattlites.

But there aren't enough Iggy shows left in this lifetime! [Frown]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to add about the experience/mentoring thing. Unlike the lucky folks in the PNW we are stuck with a small climbing crowd here. It's tough to find more experienced people to go with who are "sympatico". You are on the right track, stick with it.

Realistically, as far as gear goes it takes a helluva long time to figure out what not to take, and what you actually NEED. It's almost always less than you think. Don't worry about "the stuff", it's all about "the experience".

But you already know that! [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by Scotch-a-Go-Go:

Mountain bucks is what they used to call their employee discount program. Generally described by my friends that worked there at the time as "a rip-off". But I'm sure times are different now.

I will have to ask about that. We just prodeal thru the company or get a very nice discount if buying off the shelf. The later is what I wind up doing often, due to poor planning or lack of interest in 'waiting' for the mail.

ive tried to convince them, since I spend at least 90% of my paychecks IN the store, that I should get a hefty raise. Pay me $100/hrx10 hrs/wk=Sell approx $1000 worth of gear to me/week = some kind of profit...$100 bucks or so? Not including the fact that if I own it and like it I will sell it like hotcakes.

Just think if they did this for EVERYONE who worked there (just to get gear), how much they would profit! [big Grin]

Tell me this makes as much sense to you as it does to me! [laf]

[ 10-12-2002, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: carolyn ]