seeking liberty ridge climbing partners

snowball

Looking to join a team to tick off Libridge this year... I almost climbed it a few yrs back. I have climbed rainier like 5 times (DC/Kautz/Emmons) and have attempted winter climbs of it (Gib Chute). Very safety minded and have great crevasse rescue skills. I can lead easy ice. I climb / backcountry ski/ rock climb mostly in the sierra. Have climbed mt baker and mt blanc. See my profile. I have climbed with some guys on this board too. Been climbing since 2001. Ideally we could shoot for a date in late April or early May then i could go up to seattle for a week to do it. Maybe we could do a conditioner hike up the Muir snowfield to get acquainted??? cheers david

click here for some of my climbing pics

Edited by snowball

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ed

Thanks for the reply! Sorry i did not get back to you sooner, but i was out backcountry skiing with patty... the sierra is getting great snow this year.

so, that would be great if youre interested in climbing lib ridge! you mentioned ptarmigan ridge. i am also interested in ptarmigan ridge but would rather tackle liberty before ptarmigan. also, do you prefer climbing as a 2 person team or do you prefer 3 people? i think 3 is better than 2 for crevasse safety reasons, but i would be okay with a 2 person team if you feel strongly... so long as we discuss and dial-in the self-arrest+anchoring situation. fyi, i am outta work right now so my schedule is quite flexible but if i get a FT job, then i would likely (but not necessarily) have to cancel plans.

lets talk to on the phone to see if our interests align... kind regards, david valdes 626-437-8690

If you are interested in a 3rd climber I should be available to climb april and the first few weeks in may, as long as I don't find a job. Also, if you have whole week to climb Liberty ridge, I would be interested in doing some other climbs if time permits or conditions for the ridge are unfavorable.

I may be down for it if you're still looking for a 3rd. I've been on Rainier 2x so far on the DC route and have been wanting to tackle something a bit more challenging. I'm going to be on Rainier in June of this year anyways but 2 trips could be pretty sweet. Let me know so I can talk it over with my wife and since I have to fly from Texas.