Looking for climbing partners for alpine routes

earthspirit

I am interested in meeting like-minded (passionate about wilderness exploration) climbers who want to do some fun alpine routes/trips in the Washington Caccades. Love for wilderness preferred - no ego/macho vibes please.

I have extensive scrambling experience, and moderate technical experience. I used to lead 5.8/5.9, but its been about 7 years since I've done significant rock climbing. I have climbed many scrambling peaks though - Dome, Sinister, Cathedral, Formidable, Black, Snowfield, Mesahchie, Katsuk, Rainier, Golden Horn, Tower, etc. I did the Ptarmigan Traverse last summer. I've also backpacked the PCT and CDT, and climbed 101 highest peaks in CO. I'd love to get back on rock this spring, and do some fun peaks this summer - forbidden, Bonanza, sherpa and stewart, shuksan, etc. A buddy of mine is coming out for week long Inspiration Glacier Traverse with climbs of El Dorado, Dorado Needle, Klawatti, Austera, Primus. If we vibe, you'd be invited.

peace, doug

www.rawhike.com

Comments

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I moved here summer 2008. Bellingham is a great town. I'm in Redmond, WA (east of Seattle). I'll be doing a demo in in the Wellness Dept. of the Community Food Coop on Cordata St. on Thursday the 25th from 11-2pm. Stop by and say hi if you wish.

I spent the last 7 years in Hawaii, so I am looking to get back into moderate technical climbing so I can climb some fun peaks/routes (like NE buttress of Goode). You can reach me at

425-999-2250 or dougwalsh64@gmail.com.

peace, doug

Would definitely be interested in catching up for some moderate climbing sometime soon. I've followed up to 5.8 ish trad and done extensive sport up to 5.10b leads. Formally trained through the Mountaineers Basic climbing course, so you can be sure that I have my fundamentals down. I climb for the enjoyment of it and therefore believe in safety and communication as the keys to a good time. Hit me up in the near future if you want to get out. Maybe for some craging at first to check the vibes out.

Chris

ccgossage@gmail.com