Routes on Mount Hood

Corduroy Man

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe Wayne Wallace's web page had a Black Spider topo on it. You probably won't get a lot of information due to how ephermal and seldom climbed these routes are. Also because it tends to take a lot of work to find the Spider in condition I doubt many people will want to give up their hard earned info.

Thanks guys don't really plan on going up the routes yet. Just wanted to look at them while I'm up there! Wayne Wallace sounds like a BAD ASS!!! I really like his website. Hope everyone hits it hard during the good weather! Rock on!

Want to get a look at them while you're up there? What South Side are you going up? You cannot see the Black Spider from the south...or summit. To get a look you have to walk over to the Newton-Clark.

And yes, the routes are real hard...usually unprotectable.

Wayne is working on the BS section in the forthcoming Mt Hood Climbers Guide, along with input from Kevin Russell, Steve Elder, and others. Anyone else who has climbed (rapping down in a storm doesn't count, TH) is welcome to contribute. We have close-ups of John Scurlock aerial photos with digital overlays (Tim Olson). Coming soon to a store near you sometime this summer...

See my post in the Author Request Forum :brew: