FS: $60 Dynafit TLT4 Boots, sz 27

Jonathan_S

This is the classic lightweight ski mountaineering boot, shown here in its most recent incarnation:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/405,1103A_Dynafit-TLT-4-Evo-TF-Alpine-Touring-Ski-Boots-For-Women-and-Men.html

For sale is one of the original versions, size 27, bsl 301mm. I had a previous pair that I used a bunch, mainly for spring and summer skiing, then dropped them in the favor of the F3, then used my Zzero4 for pretty much everything, but then bought this pair used in very good condition and took them on just three outings . . . although that included a weekend trip of only 10,500 vert but with an absurd amount of painful hiking, then a daytrip of over 9,000 vert with once again way too much hiking and scree scrambling. (Boots like these make such outings far more feasible.) More detailed info on condition available in the picture captions:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jshefftz/DynafitTLT4

For skiability, if you can stay centered over your skis, then you can use this boots on pretty much any terrain (though they wouldn’t be much fun muscling around a dense in dense unconsolidated snow). The steepest terrain I’ve ever skied has been on these boots. (For those on the East Coast, that includes routes like Dodge’s Drop.)

Shells are 4 pounds 13 oz with a velcro strap, but without the rear spoilers. Total weight including liners depends on what liners you want.

Price for the shells is $60 plus actual shipping from 01002. Add $10 for the old Raichle Thermoflex liners, $15 for the older size 9 Intuition liners, and/or $20 for the older size 8 Intuition liners. (Details once again in the picture captions.) Discounts available if you want to experiment with more than one pair of liners.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic