Anyone for Denali next year or this year

frankjones

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Details? Like what? I figured we just go climb it. Not sure what details you are looking for. LIke what month? May to June. Route? I don't know, can always pick that later. Transportation? I am planning on flying to Alaska, but i guess canoe and horse are an option.

not exactly making an auspicious intro :)

details like, uh, well, the faqh'n basics? :) who are you? where do you live? what route do you want to do on the giant goddamn mtn you've named? what experience do you have? what drugs do you do? how much of an asshole will you be to bear for days on end in a snow-bound tent? yadda, yadda, yadda.

good luck - as for myself, i make it a rule never to do expeditions w/ strangers.

Wow what a funny guy,! Why would you climb when you could have a HBO primetime show?.

Why am I a funny guy? So, you want to climb, or just making more jokes? What do you cheese that isn't yours? Nacho Cheese!

If this is not a guided climb and you are looking to make up a "team", then who are you to pick the route? Shouldn't that be a "team" decision?

I read the other posts, and agree, things should be team decisions. Trying to find a team and make decisions. I would like to do West Buttress though.

I am from Seattle and have climbed some cascade peaks, so I know what I am doing. I have one person interested, any more?

• 1 month later...

Frank,

I'm new to this site, but I'm looking for a partner(s) for Denali this May. I have already registered with the park service and am scheduled to start on May 25th. I can add climbers to my registration if you're interested. Contact me and we can discuss it further.

Later,

Ry Fable

I'm struggling with this thread. It sounds like a complete joke, but it's one of those things where I'm not sure. I climb a lot, and I've climbed in the Cascades, but I would not want to pick a team from a website to climb Denali without meeting them, developing a team training plan, and climbing with them first. And, training would have to include an expedition climb on a peak no lighter than Rainier. And, yes, details are important. Who's the decision maker? What are the turn-around factors? Who responsible for what gear and provisions? If you believe that you can just hop a plane to Alaska, travel to the park and pound up it in a day, I'd like to see the video on Youtube. Completely count me out.