Bucket of Pitons

brook_alongi

I haven't worn a harness since 2006 and probably never will again. I have enough pins to climb the hardest of nail up routes in the Valley. Some of the pins have been well loved, but most are basically new or only placed a few times. Pins are tougher than aluminum gear, and tend to work better the older they get.

I have everything from rurps, beaks, blades, arrows, bugs, angles of all sizes - standard and sawed. A bunch of hooks too. I'm guessing there is 75-100 pieces.

E-mail me only if you're seriously interested. I don't check my PMs here.

Will not part out bucket, so please don't ask to buy a couple pins.

It will average out to $5 a pin.

I would trade the whole lot and kick in some extra cams and stuff for a quality western saddle or a 150#+ anvil. So, if you by chance have one laying around, I'll consider it. However, most people who frequent this sight probably don't have horses or blacksmith... :)

Thanks,

BJ

Edited by brook_alongi

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, you are asking $375 -$500 for this bucket? $5 a pin...good deal. Aid climbers with $500 for a bucket of pins? Good luck! I was interested, but not for that kind of dough!

I got my first bucket of pins from an old timer who did a lot of first ascents in the Valley. Every thing I needed to get started (have had to buy very few since then and have done maybe 20 nailups?), lots of unused pins, some cool bongs for nostalgia and an awesome CMI hammer. $75.