Alaska Range Photos

Alasdair

Since it is time to start thinking about what to climb in the Alaska Range I thought I would post up some of my photos from a series that I shot over the last 5 years of trips to the range. This group of photos were shot from numerous flights over the range. I dont feel like this series of photos is finished yet, so another photo trip is planned for this year. If there is anyone planning any Alaska Range Ridge ascents this year and would like some photos I have some specific shots I am looking for to finish this series up.

Enjoy

Alaska Range Photos

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments guys.

Hey Chad, Yea it was great to see you up there brief as it was. I am off to Red Rocks for five weeks and then back for a bit before Alaska, so maybe we can squeeze in a Trout Creek trip between.

Gene, The photo after the Cassin is not labeled because I dont really know where it is. I need to sit down with one of the pilots from K2 and get his input on it. If I had to guess i would think its one of the ridges on the East side of Hunter. Maybe unclimbed.

The plane crash photo is not actually a crash although I remember the crash you are talking about. I bet its the same plane. It was shot last year. This time he was loaded a little heavy on a soft runway and decided to abort at the last minute. The funny thing about that is I know one of the people in the photo and it was the day after his 40th birthday. He had to walk back up Heartbreak Hill not feeling so good due to consumption the night before.

Gene, The photo after the Cassin is not labeled because I dont really know where it is. I need to sit down with one of the pilots from K2 and get his input on it. If I had to guess i would think its one of the ridges on the East side of Hunter. Maybe unclimbed.

Alasdair-

I'm almost certain that photo is the southwest face of Kahiltna Queen, the upper part of the prominent ridge is the finish to the standard route. The whole ridge has been climbed also.