Fav Climb Nobody Talks About

Peter_Puget

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the plank - 3 pitch 10a on Neverland wall, exit 38.

the second pitch is a bizarre but fun 10a traverse.

lost my marbles - 2 pitch 10c on Neverland wall, exit 38. powerful overhang to delicate slab, the perfect all-a-rounder.

Love both of those climbs. That 10a part seemed stiff for x38 standards until I found the pocket under the roof and it became easy.

hey backclipped, i hear you on "protecting" your local crags....but cougar is hardly a secret. and i posted a photo taken from a parking lot - not a topo, or even driving directions. (PM if you want to chat more, i'm all ears and at least we can chat about the crag we both love.)

the 3.5 hour drive from portland, the lack of access to a topo that actually identifies the routes, and a short season of may to october, are going to weed out all but the most dedicated -and for those who are dedicated enough, good for them. i showed a photo that might get some people psyched to come down and do some new routes. and more likely, this thread will be forgotten by may anyway...

why do you want to get more people climbing there? Does it matter?

I agree Cougar is not a secret, but it probably doesn't need to be marketed on the internet. Let them figure it out on their own.

There certainly are topos, but we don't post them.

JL

hey backclipped, i hear you on "protecting" your local crags....but cougar is hardly a secret. and i posted a photo taken from a parking lot - not a topo, or even driving directions. (PM if you want to chat more, i'm all ears and at least we can chat about the crag we both love.)

the 3.5 hour drive from portland, the lack of access to a topo that actually identifies the routes, and a short season of may to october, are going to weed out all but the most dedicated -and for those who are dedicated enough, good for them. i showed a photo that might get some people psyched to come down and do some new routes. and more likely, this thread will be forgotten by may anyway...

Good on you for trying to get people stoked on your local crag.

All this "my own personal super duper ultra secret climbing spot that I can only show you if you take a blood oath, pinky swear and agree to hike in blindfolded" is total bullshit.

And if I'm not mistaken the whole point of this thread was to get people talking about climbs that "NOBODY TALKS ABOUT"

Unless it's sitting on private land and you are the only one with permission from the owner then you are just gonna have to deal with the fact that someone else might be there enjoying it as much as you are.

i wish it still was my local crag but i've been back in pdx for 2.5 years now. i'm lucky to get 1-2 trips per summer to cougar these days.

also, there are some small crags in central oregon, and here in the columbia gorge, that would suffer from more traffic because thay are so small to begin with. and i haven't mentioned and won't be mentioning them here. but to me, cougar is not in that category. it's relatively huge, and it would be nice to see people do more than the same 10-15 sport routes in addition to the buttress.

this thread is more like "favorite climbs nobody talk about, but it's not taboo to talk about them."

Good on you for trying to get people stoked on your local crag.

All this "my own personal super duper ultra secret climbing spot that I can only show you if you take a blood oath, pinky swear and agree to hike in blindfolded" is total bullshit.

And if I'm not mistaken the whole point of this thread was to get people talking about climbs that "NOBODY TALKS ABOUT"

Unless it's sitting on private land and you are the only one with permission from the owner then you are just gonna have to deal with the fact that someone else might be there enjoying it as much as you are.

Atreides, you sexy blue within blue eyed warrior, consider yourself cordially invited to sample the fruits of Cougar. On behalf of the Bend climbing community, I pinky swear not to slash your tires or steal you stereo.