USE YOUR REAL NAMES ON CC.COM

billcoe

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't join in on the spray forum much (I can't keep up with the wit from Tvash) it seems entirely fucked up that people would get upset that their "identity" got exposed. What are they superheroes or something? This site is free. These complainers should either shut up or grow up and stop saying crap that will embarrass them.

It would seem that you don't join the Spray forum much because you can't keep up, period. Unlike Tvash, many of us have jobs. And wit aside, we also often express political opinions that would not be looked on favorably by existing or potential employers. I've protected the identity of people I've vehemently disagreed with on this board because exposing them could mean a smackdown from their commanding officer. If Spray offers an (almost) consequence-free romper room for borderline psychotics, a sounding board for undigested opinions and ideas, or a place to pin up nasty pictures of Pamela Anderson without regard for your real life, job, family, googleprobe, then who cares? If maintaining privacy and people's freedom to speak their minds by protecting identities scares you, why don't you run back to the other DOZEN forums on this site where nobody gives a fuck?

:tup:

Oh fine, now you want to get back on topic.

Can we all agree that it doesn't seem like a big deal to folks who use their real names anyway, but its a huge issue for those of you wedded to your avatars?

No. Not really. But I'm sure we can all agree that a moderator outing a poster in a most vindictive manner--ala full name and city--is wrong.

Mommy? Can I have a popsicle? Yes dear, but only if everyone on CC.com stops bickering about stupid shit that's really not worth giving half a shit about in the first place. Then you can have a popsicle. Ok mom. I love you mommy.

You assholes would really deny little Jimmy a popsicle?!

SHAME ON YOU!

Can we all agree that it doesn't seem like a big deal to folks who use their real names anyway, but its a huge issue for those of you wedded to your avatars?

Yes. I actually went to Massachusetts and married my avatar. We are the first man/avatar couple in the US and as a private couple, we'd like to not be bombarded with requests for interviews from the media. Please respect our wishes in this.