USE YOUR REAL NAMES ON CC.COM

billcoe

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure Raindawg can carry on/participate in a serious debate about the subject of bolting with out use of

[img:center]http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/data/503/Yes_You_.gif[/img]

It would be interesting to see it happen.

Rogers Corner

DO NOT MAKE FUN OF THE MOMENTUM.

IT IS ALL ABOUT THE MOMENTUM.

MOMENTUM!

[edited to add: "Bug", "Raindawg" had already outed his own self with a little book promotion, and he still hasn't answered my question why it would be inappropriate for Matt to repeat information he has already shared.

So Off White...I did a little search on this board last night to find my so-called book promotions. What did I find? Years ago I quoted from a couple of them to address questions, including one about Machu Picchu and gave a title of an archaeology book where I describe such sites should anyone be interested. Book promotion???? Hardly. I never mentioned my own name or where I live.

And if I had, it would have been my own choice, not that of "mattp" who has an axe to grind when it comes to certain topics. And I consider adding my town of residence to be malicious.

And then there are those who ridicule my profession outside of climbing and the moderators must find it amusing despite the complaints.

Whatever, dude.

Bla,ba,bla :fahq:

The most Annoying phuk in the universe

I think the real question here is ...rainpuss just GTFaway and most everyone here will be a LOT happer

Edited by richard_noggin

What, you mean without the same tired rhetoric with endless pictures of Richard Simmons, clowns, midgets and ham sandwiches? Seems like you'd be pretty much censored right down to nothing then!

I'm guessing he'd think it would be a worthwhile trade off if no one else can spend time running down his profession, speculating about his climbing resume, or bringing up the 5.13 wager.

Another suggestion has been a pair of articles, one by Pope & Raindawg stating their case in a cogent respectful manner, and one from another perspective with a similar tone, like make Kimmo write it. Post 'em up front page or some such, then just refer people to those epistles.

Edited by Off_White

I have plenty of photos that show Raindawg clipin' bolts in his younger years. It's funny how time and aging changes folks attitudes. RD...that really ought to be part of this discussion...how time changes one's approach to ethics, the mountains, and all sorts of things. Chime in anytime about this, Raindawg.

Another part of the discussion worth addressing, perhaps, does dialog such as we've all witnessed here...create a meaningful exchange of information and illuminate stakeholder's positions, or does it polarize things to the extent that everyone burrows in even deeper. Also, does it polarize the witnesses and spectators??

Is there a middle position, RD? If so, where is it? Or is it all or nothing??

Keep it real, Raindawg...aka...Ice Man. :)

Another suggestion has been a pair of articles, one by Pope & Raindawg stating their case in a cogent respectful manner, and one from another perspective with a similar tone, like make Kimmo write it.

i'm afraid that the actual polarity between our views would be insufficient to fire up a screed from these quarters, since i tend to exhibit some similar tendencies of view as poop and brainfog.

really? well maybe not. they are just a little too passionate about lonely choss piles in the woods. and richard simmons.

plus, i'd hate to get all formal on a subject that i don't see as all that important. i just don't think a post of mine on cc.com would have many repercussions in the larger world.

MOMENTUM!

Another suggestion has been a pair of articles, one by Pope & Raindawg stating their case in a cogent respectful manner, and one from another perspective with a similar tone, like make Kimmo write it.

i'm afraid that the actual polarity between our views would be insufficient to fire up a screed from these quarters, since i tend to exhibit some similar tendencies of view as poop and brainfog.

really? well maybe not. they are just a little too passionate about lonely choss piles in the woods. and richard simmons.

plus, i'd hate to get all formal on a subject that i don't see as all that important. i just don't think a post of mine on cc.com would have many repercussions in the larger world.

MOMENTUM!

That, and the medication you'd have to take to tone it down to that point would be prohibitively expensive, even if covered.

I say that we need a well-moderated ethics forum where vulgar name-calling, threats and thread sabotage will not be permitted.

What, you mean without the same tired rhetoric with endless pictures of Richard Simmons, clowns, midgets and ham sandwiches?

Yup...that's what I'm saying. Alot of that was intentional "in your face" theatre to grab your attention whether you appreciated it or not.

By the way, those weren't "ham sandwiches", they were "B-LT's".

I agree that there is momentum building in the bolting issue...amongst a grand total of 2 people.

I also agree that there should be a heavily moderated ethics forum that is password protected and...restricted to those same 2 people.

And that they should be required to use their own names and cities for logging in.

For someone who pretends to be educated and enlightened, your comments above just demonstrated your shallow-mindedness....i.e., your disinterest in the potential for a civil discussion of an issue that is vital, current, and will very much be upcoming, whether or not you recognize it as such or not. Feel free not to participate if that is your attitude.

I'm not sure Raindawg can carry on/participate in a serious debate about the subject of bolting with out use of

[img:center]http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/plab/data/503/Yes_You_.gif[/img]

It would be interesting to see it happen.

Rogers Corner

Read the last few posts above. We got your attention, didn't we!

And the Via Ferrata photo we so enjoy is intended to put things into perspective....it's just one step beyond sport-climbing in so many ways!

By the way, I just happened to see Roger of "Roger's Corner" fame this very evening. He's alive, well, and high-spirited...and always a pleasure to encounter!

I have plenty of photos that show Raindawg clipin' bolts in his younger years.

Bring 'em on, dude. I bet you don't have any, and if you do, I could use some for my collection. I can probably recount every one. A few here in Joshua Tree and at Big Rock in So. Cal., some long run-outs at the Peshastin Pinnacles...whatever. Were you there for the two I actually drilled by hand in 37 years of climbing? (One has vanished courtesy of nature and the other is obsolete and can now be chopped, if it isn't gone already. Good riddance!)

It's funny how time and aging changes folks attitudes. RD...that really ought to be part of this discussion...how time changes one's approach to ethics, the mountains, and all sorts of things. Chime in anytime about this, Raindawg.

I'll chime right in now. I began climbing when the "Clean climbing ethic" was the rage. I've watched it go down the toilet over the last 20 or so years for convenience. Yes, my ideas have matured over 30 years as I hope yours have, and now I'm becoming an environmental activist as I've watched "climbers", of all people, wantonly disregard the "leave little trace ethic" for cheap fun.

Is there a middle position, RD? If so, where is it? Or is it all or nothing??

A civil discussion has never been had, at least here. Remains to be seen.

Keep it real, Raindawg...aka...Ice Man. :)

Send me a PM with your real identity...(not to be revealed to the unwashed masses) and you can demonstrate if we really have a history or not as you claim, or just another phony sideliner.

Your attitude certainly eliminates you from the "discussion".

Another suggestion has been a pair of articles, one by Pope & Raindawg stating their case in a cogent respectful manner, and one from another perspective with a similar tone, like make Kimmo write it. Post 'em up front page or some such, then just refer people to those epistles.

Actually... we have every intention to bring our issues to another stage and we will be presenting our views to a greater audience, including folks outside the "climbing world". But your idea about a summary of our issues on cc.om is a good one. "Kimmo". and a good number of others, are probably exempt from a counterpoint due to their demonstrated lack of serious interest.