Peregrine Falcon poll  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Peregrine Falcon poll

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems there is a third option missing: Birds AND climbers--year round. If climbers are there is it guaranteed the birds won't nest? Is there no other option? They're a pretty hearty bunch, afterall. And there are A LOT of rocky cliffs in the gorge. Or is Beacon the only place Peregrines nest?

Seems there is a third option missing: Birds AND climbers--year round. If climbers are there is it guaranteed the birds won't nest? Is there no other option? They're a pretty hearty bunch, afterall. And there are A LOT of rocky cliffs in the gorge. Or is Beacon the only place Peregrines nest?

I believe the birds will nest with climbers around. The park does not.

the birds at beacon apparently have hard ons for the cliffs and ledges at beacon and cannot/will not nest anywhere else, or so some say. i tend to think a bit differently, but who am i? the birds will nest where ever it is most advantageous for them to be able to secure a steady source of food. if their main source of food were to disappear then they could relocate. after all, habitat can dictate the behavior, but it is not unheard of for the behavior of a certain animal to play to the allowances of the habitat. basically i'm saying that anything is possible, but this is just me umble opinion.

Always good to see you C, welcome back...

I believe the birds will nest with climbers around. The park does not.

Only if all climbers acted responsibly. No guarantee of that precludes Park closure.