[TR] Snoqualmie Ice Video - 2/2/2010

wayne

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I would say the conditions have already deteriorated significantly from what they were last week judging by the pics and video. Today was a snice fest and, as I learned at the cost of a 20' lead fall, you can't trust that stuff. Luckily, that old pin at the bottom of the corner on the second pitch is stronger that it looks. The wet, heavy snow that has collected on the route created major crampon balling, which added to the fun. Still, a great route that I want to repeat in better conditions. Thanks to Wayne, Dane, et al for planting the seed and providing the stoke to get out and do this. One question: Where is the third pitch? At the rap tree above the second pitch, we didn't see any more ice.flow_reversal_002.jpgflow_reversal_011.jpgflow_reversal_013.jpg

Nice work!!!...wooooaaa on the fall :) That had to be exciting!

flow_reversal_013.jpg

3rd pitch? Straight above the climber's right shoulder and finishes on the weird rounded knob of ice shown in your upper picture as the top horizon. Bit of an effort and contrived to have a belay there and finish up the last 100' of ice right of the tree in the gully with tat on it.

This is that last pitch taken from the tree rap point with a lot less ice. But literally straight above your climber's right shoulder. Good photos of it in Wayne's video as well.

n1099338977_30396468_5571307.jpg

And Wayne following Josh's lead last week.

adk.sized.jpg

Big, we were there again today and this time i took a picture of that LA pin hammered in upside down and partically hanging out, just for you :)

Did you hang a screamer on this relic?

adq.sized.jpg

In case anyone else wonders the ice is solid and still there.

The entire climb is still taking good screws, bottom to top.