index

scott_harpell

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Bronco:
I'll lead battered sandwich when you lead that bolted arete next to it in your pink tights and halter top
[Moon]

Battered Sandwich rules. [chubit]icon14.gifYou'll like it Bronco. Good pro. Improbable moves. When you're done with BS do Magic Fern. That one can be painful if you're sketching.

So I wonder if the name means a sandwich that got trashed or a sandwich that was dipped in eggs and flour and fried 'n shit? confused.gif" border="0 Mmmmmm battered sandwich...]drooling3.gif [ 03-29-2002: Message not edited by: Erik ] [big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

[ 03-29-2002: Message edited by: chucK ]

Hello Jay,

I would not take the bet. The only interest I had is that I mistook Daryl as trying to pick some kind of beef with me. Since he is not then I can care less. I might go up there anyway and send it but it's definitely not on my to do list. [big Drink] I dont think it is too hard anyway. Big cams are bomber and I have plenty of friends that would lend me the pro necessary to do so. Anyway see you around at the pub.

Hello Daryl,

I know how to pull bolts. WOuld not have been the first time but it is a lot of work.

[ 03-29-2002: Message edited by: rayborbon ]

Ray -

Sad part is 10lbs were because I got really sick!

I think that from just before the first bolt to the top you'd be running it out if the biggest thing you brought was a 3". If I remember the crack is too big for a #4 friend most of the way too, at least that was my impression at the time. At the top it thins down a bit and I bet you could get a #4 friend. Hard to remember we did that climb a long time ago.

You seem psyched on Index. It is a great place. Now that I've lost weight I want to start climbing more, hope to meet you out there sometime. Of course if you have some secret cleaning project you could always invite me along.

Hello Daryl,

I would climb with you any time. Dont have time to go size up cracks much and make side bets if I will lead them. Not my style. I just gained 10 lbs and 3 inches. Not kidding. Time to hit the alpine treadmill this weekend grin.gif" border="0

Anyway drop me an email and we'll go cragging. Watch out though I can send the Great Northern Slab with no falls. Next stop El Crapitan tongue.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:
a battered sadwich is a sandwich that leaves its husband and gfoes to the sandwich shelter where other sandwiches take care of it.

Sandwich abuse is no joke. When heavy-set climbers sense they have lost control of their ability to push away from the table and say "No!" to that second slice of Black Forest cheese cake (that's Schwarzwalde Kasekuche), they sometimes take it out on the very thing they love: sandwiches. They will occasionally eat the sandwich in the absence of a glass of milk (considered the ultimate insult by sandwiches everywhere). Sometimes the psychological abuse turns physical, such as when a climber neglects to protect a sandwich with the proper Tupper-Ware before shoving it into his rucksack.

Sad thing is, there is no support group for battered sandwiches. They can't even talk. We're not sure they can listen either, so what's the point in counseling/group therapy? The only answer to this dilemma is to insist that our heavy alpine brothers get on a nutritional program such as the one prescribed by Daryl. Actually, the Suzanne Sommers diet has worked for just about every fat woman I know....oops, didn't mean to say that. We all cary our weight differently, don't you know! [chubit][chubit][chubit][chubit][chubit][big Drink]