index

scott_harpell

quote:

Originally posted by W:
Most of the classics have good bolts and chains.

yes we should all thank the good people at washington mountain alliance for all their hardwork and effort in replacing the old fixed gear!!!!!!! there is still plenty of work to be done, i say spend a day (if you know how) makineg everyone's favorite crag better for all...!!!

[big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink][big Drink]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Peter Peter Pumkin Eater - sorry to contradict you but, here's what I have used recently

P1 - 15' funky crack - .75 cam, #3 cam

P2 - 20' finger crack - 4 nuts

P3 - 15' chimney - dont fall

P4 - 10' traverse under roof to a nice 20' hand jam - 4 or 5 cams from #1 - #3.5

so, basically what peter said after all rolleyes.gif" border="0

I'd also recomend Senior Citizens in Space a nice 5.8 at Private Idaho. probably better when its not raining. mad.gif" border="0 Check out UTRABRUTAL! a 5.7 which goes diagonally over the entrance to the missle silo near the Country.

From the last footholds of the chimney you can reach up get a #1 TCU in what looks like a pin-scar pod. It'll protect you almost all the way. Tell your second how you got it in, because it's tricky to get out if you don't know (both times I've used this placement my second has had trouble cleaning it).

Gorilla My Dreams- Good climbing. Dont know about the bolts meaning why they are there (rope cutting if you fall?). If you dont want to clip them bring several 3" and 2" pieces. Approach Via GNS. We did it with gear I was gumby following my first year so details are hazy wink.gif" border="0

Ray –

I put those bolts in and perhaps I made an error. God knows I have made a bunch over the years. So I have a proposition for you.

You go lead the route from the level of the first bolt on using only 2”-3” pieces. I’ll even let you throw in one 4” piece. The only restrictions are that you can’t preview the route in anyway before climbing it and all pieces on your rack have to be standard pieces that would be normally found on an average rack and you can't clip any bolts. If you accept this challenge and actually go to the route with the intent of ascending it I’ll donate $25.00 to buy beers at the next pub club even if you decide not to climb it with the restrictions of this proposition. If you actually climb it using only the 2”-3” rack with one 4” piece, I’ll throw in an additional $25.00. If after succeeding you think it is adequately protected (ie “G” rated) I’ll contribute another $25.00. If you can get Erik to agree with the “G” rating the pot will increase another $25.00. I say Erik because he is one of the few regulars here I know. So the total pot comes to $100.00 for a future Pub Club.

If Erik agrees to hold the cash, he can pick it up at my house next time he comes through Seattle. Offer expires after 60 days.

Darryl

quote:

Originally posted by DCramer:
Ray –

I put those bolts in and perhaps I made an error. God knows I have made a bunch over the years. So I have a proposition for you.

You go lead the route from the level of the first bolt on using only 2”-3” pieces. I’ll even let you throw in one 4” piece. The only restrictions are that you can’t preview the route in anyway before climbing it and all pieces on your rack have to be standard pieces that would be normally found on an average rack and you can't clip any bolts. If you accept this challenge and actually go to the route with the intent of ascending it I’ll donate $25.00 to buy beers at the next pub club even if you decide not to climb it with the restrictions of this proposition. If you actually climb it using only the 2”-3” rack with one 4” piece, I’ll throw in an additional $25.00. If after succeeding you think it is adequately protected (ie “G” rated) I’ll contribute another $25.00. If you can get Erik to agree with the “G” rating the pot will increase another $25.00. I say Erik because he is one of the few regulars here I know. So the total pot comes to $100.00 for a future Pub Club.

If Erik agrees to hold the cash, he can pick it up at my house next time he comes through Seattle. Offer expires after 60 days.

Darryl

Hello Daryl,

YOu seem very defensive. I did indeed follow this and the guy who lead it did not clip th bolts. He used 2 #3s and 2 #4s.

I dont care about the route nor was I brining any controversy. Since you decide to dare me to lead it I just might. If I do I will chope them bad boys.

How do you like that for a dare?

quote:

Originally posted by DCramer:
Sorry Erik the proposition is to Ray only:"Ray –I put those bolts in and perhaps I made an error. God knows I have made a bunch over the years. So I have a proposition for you."

Hello Daryl,

You're funny. You act like it is some big deal to lead it. Not like it is a testpiece or something. If you get a present in the mail this summer guess who it would be from. Hasta wink.gif" border="0 I dont want your money. I make enough.

Your friend,

i cannot believe ray is turning down free beer!!!!!!!

and darryl, i dont think anyone is capable of out drinking ray......near impossible....

frat boyz have tried, bikers have tried and dainty little women have tried....

can you say stomach pump?????

Offer rejected, offer rescinded.

Ray -

I don't have any hard feelings just a bit of boredom at work. If you take them down, you don't need to send them too me. But if you do remove them don't chop - pull and fill the holes.

Erik -

You're probably right I am not much of a drinker. But I have lost 22lbs since 1/1/02 so I have alot of room somewhere.

Darryl