index

scott_harpell

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UMMMM index in a tacoma only crag....we let a few seattle-lites there, but you need to prove yourself:

a: fighting rayb: being an attractive femalec: just give me money

just kdding

index is the best craggin area in the state.....there is lots of trad and sport there....be prepared to climb .10 and above almost exclusivly....it is steep and proud....

daryl cramers guide book sky valley rock is the shiznit.......you must get it.....

have fun and i'll see you out there and feel free to contact me as i waste most of my free time there.....cuz someday i want to be good!!!!!!

enjoy

Index rules. Bring a large rack and prepare to get squashed by the ratings. Looks like a mini Squamish or something.. Good sportos at Country dont know much else on that subject.

Free camping and parking kick ass. [big Drink] Pub nearby with lowlife rednecks are always entertaining.

quote:

Originally posted by rayborbon:
.....Pub nearby with lowlife rednecks are always entertaining.

Ray:

Your application to the Eastern Snohomish County chapter of the Lowlife Redneck Fellows has finally been reviewed and subsequently approved.

We are willing to overlook your aparant addiction to Duran Duran and WHAM! music because you can party with the best of them and your apparant desire to kill mountain goats.

We look forward to an initiation ritual next meeting where you will be required to play "I'm a Cowboy Baby" by Kid Rock on a banjo.

5.6- GREAT NORTHERN SLAB5.7- ARE THERE ANY??5.8- LIZARD ROUTE, PRINCLEY AMBITIONS, 1ST HALF OF TOXIC SHOCK5.9- GODZILLA, THEM, 2ND PART TOXIC SHOCK, G/M ROUTE5.10- SAGITARIUS, LIBRA CRACK, DAVIS HOLLAND/LOVIN ARMS, HEART OF COUNTRY, DR SNIFF & THE TUNA BOATERS.....

MY MIND IS DRAWING A BLANK......

Jap Gardens (to 1st chains. I hear it is good after that too.. [chubit] )

Sagittarius to 2nd chains (ringing flake)

Princely Ambitions

Roger's Corner

The Lizard (gotta love butt lips chimney!)

Zoom

Toxic Shock (although I think opposite of Eriks ratings- but it's good either way) Godzilla

Private Idaho has a couple or three good cracks..

quote:

Originally posted by Peter Puget:
Anyone ever doen Gold Bar Girls or Claus Von Bewlow? Haven't heard much about them so my guess is they are dirty.

GOLD BAR IS A FUN ROUTE AND IT IS SLIGHTLY DIRTY, THE MOVE FROM THE BELAY LEDGE TO THE FLAKES IS QUITE HAIRY........THE UPPER STUFF IS A BUT SKETCHY, BUT ISNT THAT PART OF THE FUN?!?!?!!?!?!?

WANT TO TRY KLAUS HERE SOON........

quote:

Originally posted by erik:
5.6- GREAT NORTHERN SLAB5.7- ARE THERE ANY??5.8- LIZARD ROUTE, PRINCLEY AMBITIONS, 1ST HALF OF TOXIC SHOCK5.9- GODZILLA, THEM, 2ND PART TOXIC SHOCK, G/M ROUTE5.10- SAGITARIUS, LIBRA CRACK, DAVIS HOLLAND/LOVIN ARMS, HEART OF COUNTRY, DR SNIFF & THE TUNA BOATERS.....

MY MIND IS DRAWING A BLANK......

5.7-Taurus, Senior Citizens in Space5.9-Roger's Corner5.10- Breakfast of Champions, Rattletale 2nd and 3rd pitch, Pork Chop Torpedo

quote:

5.6- GREAT NORTHERN SLAB5.7- ARE THERE ANY??

The hand jamcrack just right of GNS. Also Ultrabrutal at the Country, 1st p Rogers Corner

quote:

5.8- LIZARD ROUTE, PRINCLEY AMBITIONS, 1ST HALF OF TOXIC SHOCK

The 5.8 on the extreme right hand side of Upper Town Wall - classic! Princely is pretty 9+/10a, not 5.8. Maybe the 2nd pitch, but not the first!

quote:

5.10- SAGITARIUS, LIBRA CRACK, DAVIS HOLLAND/LOVIN ARMS, HEART OF COUNTRY, DR SNIFF & THE TUNA BOATERS.....

5.9 - Thin Fingers Approach

5.11 - Thin Fingers (steep!), Model Worker, Iron Horse, Japanese Gardens, that TR off the anchors at the top of GNS

I have been up on a 5.8 (?) route called the Backroad on the extreme left margin of the Upper Wall twice now and have never figured out where it goes to get to the top. Has anyone actually done that route to the top, and if so, where does it go from the rightward traverse onto the ledge?

Also, the rock to the east of the Beyond has been developed from what I hear. Has anyone done any of those routes, and if so, are they worth the walk?

I haven't seen anyone mention p1 of The Zipper. Stemming up an overhanging finger crack, then a thin crack up a slab with interesting features. 10a/b-ish and real nice. p2 is a nice aid pitch through a huge roof ("ice cream scoop roof") if you like aid.