Recommend us some ice climbs in Hyalite

paramagic

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can but bring a second and have your follower trail it. If you can still get to the east fork I'd recommend, Palisades, Champagne slot and champagne sherbert.

Mainfork...tons. G1, G2, hangover, upper green sleeves, mummy II, cave and gully, twin falls (both), elevator shaft, fat one, magically delicious. thats stuff i can think of off the top of my head (meaning, theres a bunch more i can't think of. get the guide). that would keep you busy for 3+days depending how motivated you are.

We just got back to Seattle yesterday from Hyalite. My favorite WI3 was Hangover. The top of the pitch was a lot of fun and lacked the completely picked out nature of the other 3's close to the parking lot. We were repeatedly told by the locals that the ice is very fat this year. Everything we got on was it great shape!

the comment about strobach is rather cryptic -- what's up?

Just a digression from the thread topic. I hiked in to Strobach with a couple other cc.com'ers yesterday and nothing was in, and had let Kevin know after I returned.

the Unclimbed A, watchtower,and errection direct stand as unclimbed for yet year....woop

The 3 line on G1 was beat to snot and not worth climbing yesterday. Fat Chance and Thin Chance on the corner were hooky and fun...lower Green Sleeves was fat and untouched.

G2 and Hangover were looking mighty fine.

Cave and Gully has a horizontal fracture on the top curtain and seemed steep.

Matrix was touching and after the short bulgy start could go as a 3. Feeding the Cat was sticky.

Like Kev said...snag the guide and go crazy!

East Hyalite is worth the walk. You can still bootpack to palisades/alpha/omega and get some good ice. all in 4 or 4+ condition probably but easily tr'ed. A&O with one 60m. Mummy2 is super fat and easy right now and gets you up to a good TR on the Sceptre.

There is also bootpack to TWin Falls still as well as the Dribbles which is a hookfest, albeit a little thin on p3. More than enough to stay busy with, but hard to find virgin ice with the road plowed. I'm gone for the weekend but give a hollar if you want a third wheel.