Denali Gear For Sale

SilverGoat

Went, saw, summitted, and now it's time to sell the extra gear. These are items you should strongly consider if you're going to attempt Denali, IMO. They all worked great for me, but I don't think I'll use them again and could use the equity for other necessities. Prices are firm for now. Whatever doesn't sell here in the next week or two will go on eBay.

Mountain Hardwear Compressor Pants Size Medium $100

Wore these only on summit day above Denali Pass, but was glad I had them! The side zips make them easy to put on when you're on the move. They are sized a little loose so that they easily go on over your other layers. Very light and well made as you would expect from MH. Like new condition, with tags still attached. Last year, these were almost impossible to find at discount and mediums were scarce at any price.

Compressors.JPG

Exped DownMat 9 Inflatable Down Mattress $100

I was hesitant to buy this for my climb, but I'm glad I did. It helped me to sleep much better than on a standard Thermarest pad. More rest equals more energy to climb. The weight compares favorably to a Thermarest plus a closed cell pad that you will want when it's really cold. The stuff sack works as an air pump to inflate it so that you don't go hypoxic blowing it up by mouth, a big help at altitude. In excellent condition: no holes, no patches, no stains. Includes instructions and patch kit.

DownMat_9.JPG

Lowe Kanga Himal 100+15 Expedition Backpack $100

I already own a Lowe 80+15 pack, but the Kanga Himal is an excellent Denali pack. It hauls huge loads without falling apart and is everything you need without extras that you don't. Lighter and narrower than a Denali Pro. Includes detachable gear slings for technical climbs and the large bottom loops worked perfectly for pulling a sled. This pack is no longer made and there are few equivalents, all of which will cost you much more. You won't be disappointed by this pack.

KangaHimal.JPG

More info and pictures available on request.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hydroman, as a matter of fact, yes the tag was on 'em while I wore 'em. Not conspicuously blowing around in the wind like a noob, but yeah, tucked in. I only bought the pants as insurance and never planned on keeping them in the first place, so I figured heck, I'll leave it on, it can't hurt.

I'm around 5'8". The inseam of the pants is 32". The pants and the pack are on eBay now. The pad is pending sale to Brandonmc.

The pants are at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290400406347&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

The pack is at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290400407882&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT

Everything's sold, except the pack. The bidding didn't get very high, so there must not be many big mountain shoppers over there. Anybody who's shopped for a pack like this knows how expensive they are, even to rent. That's why I bought this pack and it held up better than a partner's brand spanking new Gregory Denali Pro. His waist belt fell apart on the upper mountain and he had a miserable time coming down.

So, I'm going to hold on to it for a while unless I get serious offers (min. $100, which is less than I paid for it).

I don't watch my messages here often, so if you want instant response, send to kbilling AT hughes DOT net.

Thanks,

Ken

Edited by SilverGoat