nwhikers.net

Roy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hank the Dog. He's the skinny one on the pic here.

Jas_and_the_pups_walk_in_to_get_gear_small.jpg

One time, I'm at the park with Hank (on a leash) and 2 unleashed Pit Bulls come over our way. Now, Hank was a used dog. His English isn't too good. An old man had owned him and then died. When the lap became cold Hank moved on to a rescue shelter where my wife found him. So, we don't really know him too well. Anyway, Hank decides this is a good time to get all aggro. I tried telling him, "Hank, I'm unarmed buddy, let it go" and "Hank, do you realize you only weigh 10 lbs?", but he wouldn't listen at all. As the 2 Pit Bulls came closer, Hank started posturing like a tough guy....like Trash up there does all the time, the Pit Bulls shocked both of us by exhibiting all kinds of submissive behavior. They layed down and rolled over on their backs and Hank "large and in charge" so to speak, stood over then with the full up and his tail in full alert mode till they all sorted it out and for some unknown reason decided Hank could be boss. Hanks a bite sized morsel for sure.

Moral: it's a crazy world out there.

This little one below doesn't like big dogs, although if they have a ball, like this German Shepard did, she considers that an invitation to grab it. Like in this instance. We were at the river and no one leashes a dog down there.

Sadie_makes_a_friend_and_borrows_the_ball.jpg

I was charged by a pit bull mix at the McClellan Butte TH yesterday. The owners just kind of thought it was cute.

My defensive reaction would have been very different if it would have bitten me.

But they went on their merry way oblivious to having screwed up my happy little nirvana trip.

Assholes.

wtf dude? didn't you have your ice axe? you could have planted that in that fucking beast's skull

Well Gyro, sounds like you've got control of your dog, so it wouldn't be much of an issue, and you pick your trails. Lots of dog owners are neither that on top of it or that considerate. My dogs are willful geeks with short attention spans, they'll respond to verbal commands but they think everyone is their friend and all dogs want to wrestle, so they go on the leash. They're also apt to get all excited and chase off after something in the woods, decidedly uncool wilderness behavior.

Its probably exacerbated by the fact I live on 32 acres and the beasts have the run of the property, but at least they know the property lines.

I rather like the idea of Bug as the spiritual leader of Spray. The Trashtart plays a different role.

I was charged by a pit bull mix at the McClellan Butte TH yesterday. The owners just kind of thought it was cute.

My defensive reaction would have been very different if it would have bitten me.

But they went on their merry way oblivious to having screwed up my happy little nirvana trip.

Assholes.

wtf dude? didn't you have your ice axe? you could have planted that in that fucking beast's skull

and then fed it to the marmots

Assholes.

fed it to the marmots? Fuck that. Fucking pit bulls. I would have worn it's face like a mask while I beat the owners with their dog's headless corpse.

Don't know why I'm bothering to way in on this spray fest...

I hike with my dog off leash all the time, but I pick out of the way trails, the kind that don't have any signs on them. If I come across a person, which is rare, my dog is trained so that I say "heel" and it drops back behind me instead of about 10' ahead. Never had a problem except for one time a lady near the trail head started giving me grief about not having him on a leash even though he didn't do anything, look at her, bark, etc... I basically told her to mind her own business and talk to me if my dog does something to bother her other than exist.

That said I can understand people being concerned about dogs, and have had some bad encounters with aggressive dogs that weren't under proper control. Protect you and yours, complain to the owner, and move on with your life. Not all dogs are bad, anymore than all people are bad because one person was a jackass. No one wants to see aggressive dogs on trail, but no reason to freak out about them.

As far as waiting by trail heads to pepper spray someone, dude, that is messed; why go looking for trouble?

you have kids that have been bowled over by dogs? how about a climbing pack ripped open by a pooch? again, dogs will be dogs but irresponsible owners are D I C K S!

oh, and trash i made soup outta your chickedns!! Yummy!

Well Gyro, sounds like you've got control of your dog, so it wouldn't be much of an issue, and you pick your trails. Lots of dog owners are neither that on top of it or that considerate. My dogs are willful geeks with short attention spans, they'll respond to verbal commands but they think everyone is their friend and all dogs want to wrestle, so they go on the leash. They're also apt to get all excited and chase off after something in the woods, decidedly uncool wilderness behavior.

Its probably exacerbated by the fact I live on 32 acres and the beasts have the run of the property, but at least they know the property lines.

I rather like the idea of Bug as the spiritual leader of Spray. The Trashtart plays a different role.

yeah...trash is the site bunghole!

Pit bulls: end the breed.

Ditto. I used to think that it was the owners, but two weeks ago my sister and her killing machine Anatolian Shepard got jumped by a pit raised as a baby by the nicest little old lady in the world (Anatolian Shepard 1, pit 0). And yesterday my corgi pal Roy got jumped by a nice pit in Point Defiance Park. I like an idiot, went in and wrapped my arms around the pit, and threw it to the owner. Pits don't know how to fight, they only want to kill. End the breed

Assholes.

fed it to the marmots? Fuck that. Fucking pit bulls. I would have worn it's face like a mask while I beat the owners with their dog's headless corpse.

:lmao: !!!!!

yeah...trash is the site bunghole!
That's DADDY trashie...

I started this thread for one reason just to piss off nwsuckupassholes.net people.

I know they troll here.

I like the fact climbers still have a crazy sense of humor.

Moderators thanks for it letting ride.

I enjoyed all the remarks on this thread. Climb, hike get crazy, most of all get home safe!

Now let me have it,I know if I was screwed somewhere, if any you came upon me you would risk your ass to help. Just like I would.

Probably.

But just in case, why don't you send a hunk of that $ to Seattle Mountain Rescue?

Sorry bug obviously living in Redmond your not hurting.

I donate my time and resources down here , where millions don't dwell.

Probably.

But just in case, why don't you send a hunk of that $ to Seattle Mountain Rescue?

Sorry bug obviously living in Redmond your not hurting.

I donate my time and resources down here , where millions don't dwell.

Actually, it's not about me (this time only).

SMR is supported by voluntary donations and those are not flowing freely these days.

Both at the Mountaineers clubhouse:

Friday March 19: 6:00 - 9:00 A fundraiser for Seattle Mountain Rescue. Come see the DVD Presentation released last year "Mountains Don't Care But We Do" a film on the history of Mountain Rescue starting with its origins in the PNW. We're trying to get two luminaries Wolf Bauer and Dee Mollenar to attend. Beer and Wine available for a donation and Seattle Mountain Rescue "supporter" T-Shirts for sale as well. More to come as plans firm up.

Friday April 2: A Mountaineers Book release party for the biography of Wolf Bauer. That's about all the info we have on this, but I've been told there will be some special guests at that one as well.