Rack Stolen in Eugene, Oregon

taylorm

Hi

Last night my truck was broken into outside my apartment in Eugene, OR. The passenger window was broken and my entire rack was stolen- 2 harnesses, rope, 2 pairs of shoes, and a rack of cams.

Here is a list of the gear stolen:

BD Camalots #4-.4, w/ matching color neutrino biners

Full set of BD stoppers

Metolius ultralight curve nuts #8 and #9- silver

Blue Metolius master cam

Purple Metolius ultralight power cam

Red Metolius old school cam

BD- 000 c3

Green and red Link Cams

heavily used pink tricam & 2 blue tricams

Pair of used Scarpa Vision

Pair of new Scarpa Feroce- size 42

Petzl Adjama Harness- M

Black Diamond Harness- M

Petzl GriGri

Petzl MiniTraxion

Wildcountry Ropeman

Grey ATC guide

Grey Metolius Chalk Bag w/ blue cord

5 Mammut Supersafe slings- orange

6 nano biners

6 moses biners

6 orange hotwire biners

sport draws- green & black dogbones

Purple Metolius Daisy Chain

Green & White 60m X 10.2/4

edit- Also a Blue PortaCord Metolius Rope Bag

This feels like a long shot, but if any one comes across this stuff I would appreciate a PM or an email at taylormarkow@gmail.com.

Thanks,

Taylor

Edited by taylorm

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know taylor, I feel for you on your loss and I don't want to beat on you when you're down or be an asshole, but WTF were you thinking leaving all that shit in your truck overnight? I mean, you parked in front of your apartment! How hard would it have been for you to just carry your stuff inside for the night?

You know taylor, I feel for you on your loss and I don't want to beat on you when you're down or be an asshole, but I'm about to do both.

There is such a thing as a comment that need not be made. I'm sure he learned his mistake without you're gentle reminder.

Taylor: Do you have renters insurance? It may cover your stuff, minus your deductible.

You know taylor, I feel for you on your loss and I don't want to beat on you when you're down or be an asshole, but WTF were you thinking leaving all that shit in your truck overnight? I mean, you parked in front of your apartment! How hard would it have been for you to just carry your stuff inside for the night?

Fixed it for you, Choada Boi. Happy now?

If Taylor has comprehensive coverage on his truck, he may also have his stolen gear covered under that as well.

Best to investigate both policies.

If Taylor has comprehensive coverage on his truck, he may also have his stolen gear covered under that as well.

Vehicle content is never covered under car insurance policy, not when it comes to theft. The only time the content would be covered if it gets destroyed during an accident (like breaking transported goods or fire damage if the vehicle catches on fire after the crash). The only policy that will cover theft is home owner/ renter insurance. Broken widow can be covered under car insurance policy. I found out about it hard way, when my car was broken into in Vancouver near MEC.

Vehicle content is never covered under car insurance policy, not when it comes to theft. The only time the content would be covered if it gets destroyed during an accident (like breaking transported goods or fire damage if the vehicle catches on fire after the crash). The only policy that will cover theft is home owner/ renter insurance. Broken widow can be covered under car insurance policy. I found out about it hard way, when my car was broken into in Vancouver near MEC.

Begging the General's pardon, Sir, but those are some pretty rigid words, Sir, and you are distinctly full of shit, Sir.

I know for a fact that my car insurance policy (State Farm) covers the disappearance of the contents of my vehicle, regardless of how those contents may vanish, and regardless of where those contents would normally reside. Mebbe things are different in Canadia, and mebbe your policy just sucks, and mebbe you should stick to spouting "truisms" about shit you might know just a little bit more about, Sir.

Again, Taylor, check both of your policies, just to be sure.

I'd check that policy of yours. In fact I would talk with your insurance agent. When I lived in WA state I had comprehensive car insurance and it DID NOT cover the contents of the vehicle. The only thing it covered inside the vehicle was my in-dash stereo. I had a gore-tex jacket and some CD's ripped off and they were not covered by comprehensive.

The next week I bought renter's insurance.

Begging the General's pardon, Sir, but those are some pretty rigid words, Sir, and you are distinctly full of shit, Sir.

I know for a fact that my car insurance policy (State Farm) covers the disappearance of the contents of my vehicle, regardless of how those contents may vanish, and regardless of where those contents would normally reside. Mebbe things are different in Canadia, and mebbe your policy just sucks, and mebbe you should stick to spouting "truisms" about shit you might know just a little bit more about, Sir.

Again, Taylor, check both of your policies, just to be sure.

Hehehe, you'll be unpleasantly surprised- no I am not full of shit, you are. And no- comprehensive doesn't cover non-car content. Period. It will cover your stereo and car content like GPS or car accessories, but not household items.

With all my auto insurance since I started driving, the standard collision and comprehensive and all those that you normally get don't cover 'items' inside (other than radio, and only the price of the stereo that came with, not if you installed some sort of system). There might be some sort of rider you can get specifically, for instance if you're a contractor and have tools in your vehicle a lot? -- But otherwise comprehensive does not cover non-car items. I have confirmed this with State Farm (michigan), Farmers, Amica, and one or two other insurance companies, because I have not always gotten renters insurance and was told about what was and wasn't covered when I would try to get some clarity about paying for the comprehensive coverage.

maybe it is different in other states, and maybe your insurance agent was cool, but generally comprehensive does not cover stolen non-auto items in your vehicle.

http://www.carinsurance.com/kb/content37292.aspx

Hehehe, you'll be unpleasantly surprised- no I am not full of shit, you are. And no- comprehensive doesn't cover non-car content. Period. It will cover your stereo and car content like GPS or car accessories, but not household items.

My vehicle was broken into and lots of tools stolen one night parked on the street right in front of my house, and I was pleasantly surprised that they were covered, less a $500 deductible. Allstate.

As far as carrying all that shit in and out of my house every day, well, I became less lazy afterwards.

My vehicle was broken into and lots of tools stolen one night parked on the street right in front of my house, and I was pleasantly surprised that they were covered, less a $500 deductible. Allstate.

As far as carrying all that shit in and out of my house every day, well, I became less lazy afterwards.

Ta-daaaaaaaa! See, General CPB? Not so void of turds as you believe you are. :smirk:

Like I've been saying from the beginning people... check your fuq'n individual policies instead of relying upon a bunch of buffoons on teh interwebs. Personal responsibility...

Look Sobo, you can think whatever you want. Primo- Bill lives in PDX, so it is Oregon not Washington. Secundo- I thought comprehensive covered car content. It does not in the state on Washington. After my car was broken in I found out about it hard way. I also called pretty much every insurance agent in town and the answer was the same- no it does not cover.

Any pictures of the gear you can provide for everyone? Earlier, I had taken some pics of my stuff, and posted them on Rockclimbing.com specifically for this reason.

I've also painted my colors of blue and yellow, as opposed to just taped, my stuff, have felt tipped my name on slings, and even bought a metal stamping set so that initials can be stamped into some stuff. There are iron bars on my lower windows, 2 of my neighbors are home all day and there are 2 little yap yaps inside the house. I suspect it's probably not enough though.

Damn that sucks for ya dude, hope you get it all back.

I had my car stolen last year (recovered after a few days) and the perps tried to get the stereo but just disabled it and took everything in the glove box, disabled the sunroof so it now leaks, and ran the hell out of the car.

The reason this belongs in this thread is that in the back seat were a pair of panties so I assumed a rack was involved at some point.

Insurance was never involved as I felt it was a fair trade.

sorry everyone to get off the topic of insurance policies since that seems to be the important part of this thread :rolleyes:

taylor, did you fill out a police report? that would be the first step. then start checking any consignment shops where climbing gear might be resold. check on craigslist for "unusual" posts wanting to sell gear. check ebay... shops might work with you if you have the backing of a police investigation, but it is a longshot. it may be futile, but any hope is better than no hope... good luck and hope you are able to recover!

If any of you are enlisted ex-military then it's worth noting the the ex-officers-only insurance company, USAA, has just opened to ex-enlisted folks as well. They are the best insurance company out there by far and I'd run, not walk, to them from any of the usual auto insuranance companies.

I had my car broken into back around '93 and, while they did want a police report of the incident, they didn't even want a list of the gear that was missing, just a number to replace it. Not even a deductible. Got a check four days later.

I had my car broken into back around '93 and, while they did want a police report of the incident, they didn't even want a list of the gear that was missing, just a number to replace it. Not even a deductible. Got a check four days later.

Hey, Joe, go tell that to CPB/GGK. He's still got wax in his ears on this issue. :rolleyes:

If any of you are enlisted ex-military then it's worth noting the the ex-officers-only insurance company, USAA, has just opened to ex-enlisted folks as well. They are the best insurance company out there by far and I'd run, not walk, to them from any of the usual auto insuranance companies.

Second that Joe USAA is hands down the best! Aside from my normal insurance's I was able to pick up renters insurance that covers something like $15,000 for less than $25/month. This insurance also covers stuff stolen from my car.

Hey wait I work in Eugene maybe I'll park my rig somewhere downtown with my rack in it and see if I can be lucky enoguh to relpace all the used cams I've bought :)

I will keep an eye out Taylorm