Free solo speed record on the Tooth?

summitchaserCJB

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about paragliding out of a helicopter then landing at the base of Das Tooph. From there you climb the route then jump and glide down to the Alpental parking lot where the helicopter touches down and picks you up.

That would give you a H2H record. I bet it would beat any C2C record set by those pathetic climbers without helicopters, pilots, and paragliders.

House to house times are where it's at.... combining climbing AND auto racing.

I'm pretty sure if we can find a way to integrate bull fighting in as well we will have the ultimate chest beating hardman badass sport. We can share our exploits of bravery and get major respect on the innarnets.

• 4 years later...
Climbers shared stories of their speed ascents way before the internet. It was a hardman badass sport before today even without bull fighting.

My friend Ross H. completed a 1 hour 56 minute time this week, starting & finishing from the Alpental bridge. For fun, we envision future circuits (Tooth, Guye S. Rib, Commonwealth Traverse) starting from the Alpental courtyard and a run across the bridge, a-la the great mountain races of the Alps which start and finish in the town squares at the fountain.

Our crew have all been heavily influenced by close-to-home alpine adventures that involve speed, minimal gear, rock & snow and lastly (most importantly?) a 30 minute drive home to food, wine & friendship.

This thread has long helped create a "time" of what we considered fast on one of our favorite tal features & workouts. Sadly, 3 hours is my consistent time and won't be getting shaved any time soon unless new knees are in the works :grin:.

Despite some of the negative & possibly jealous comments throughout this thread, thanks to everyone who appreciates other people challenging themselves & having fun in the mountains...and then sharing it so the community can be inspired and/or motivated by it.

Mountains and Rivers without end!

Edited by alpinemorg

People have a hard time differentiating chest beating and sharing times as a way to inspire each other. Depends a lot on what you want to get out of your sport.

The Commonwealth traverse is always one I wanted to do. When you plan out an (un)official race with wine and the party afterwards I'm in!

House to house times are where it's at.... combining climbing AND auto racing.

I'm pretty sure if we can find a way to integrate bull fighting in as well we will have the ultimate chest beating hardman badass sport. We can share our exploits of bravery and get major respect on the innarnets.

If we amend "bull" to snaffle or marmot we might have a legit authentic Cascadian event at hand.