Free solo speed record on the Tooth?

summitchaserCJB

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCJB, I don't know how long you have been climbing, but you should probably climb more and talk about it less. When you first start climbing, we all think what we are doing is amazing and special. Once you know what you are doing, you realize how retarded you were at first.

Seriously, you seem pretty proficient. Check out some of the moderate classics like the North Ridge of Stuart (CNR for full value), NEB of Slesse, or Liberty Crack. Stop playing pattycake on Mt Si and Mountaineer's basic routes, and more than anything, stop spraying about playing pattycake on these routes.

Yes, we were all new climbers at one time. Yes, we all did the pattycake routes too. That's not the point. The point is, when we didn't know shit about shit we didn't spray about it or argue with people about it.

Go climb something that will actually be challenging for you. then come back and tell us about it.

Once you know what you are doing, you realize how retarded you were at first.

Dude, I read some of the tr's on here - such as the free ascent of Thin Red Line and realize I am still retarded. The stuff I am doing hardly seems worthy.

The point is, when we didn't know shit about shit we didn't spray about it or argue with people about it.

Then again we did't have the internet to spray about upon, when we were starting out.

SCJB, I don't know how long you have been climbing, but you should probably climb more and talk about it less. When you first start climbing, we all think what we are doing is amazing and special. Once you know what you are doing, you realize how retarded you were at first.

Seriously, you seem pretty proficient. Check out some of the moderate classics like the North Ridge of Stuart (CNR for full value), NEB of Slesse, or Liberty Crack. Stop playing pattycake on Mt Si and Mountaineer's basic routes, and more than anything, stop spraying about playing pattycake on these routes.

Yes, we were all new climbers at one time. Yes, we all did the pattycake routes too. That's not the point. The point is, when we didn't know shit about shit we didn't spray about it or argue with people about it.

Go climb something that will actually be challenging for you. then come back and tell us about it.

Don't see why you are hating but I'll reply (bite). I just did this as an afternoon special. Left the house at 3pm. My partners were all busy. It was fun to actually do a car to car push on something moderate. But ya, there are much better fish out there. I just needed to test myself on this one car to car (and get out of my "bubble"). It was fun, I don't have regrets. But ya, I hear ya. I realize my competency is much greater than the routes I've done so far. Not sure why that is. Guess I need to start pushing the envelope.

Don't see why you are hating but I'll reply (bite). I just did this as an afternoon special. Left the house at 3pm. My partners were all busy. It was fun to actually do a car to car push on something moderate. But ya, there are much better fish out there. I just needed to test myself on this one car to car (and get out of my "bubble"). It was fun, I don't have regrets. But ya, I hear ya. I realize my competency is much greater than the routes I've done so far. Not sure why that is. Guess I need to start pushing the envelope.

You keep missing the point. The point is, stop spraying.

Oh and all those routes are on my tick list. Just need to learn to aid better.

You need to learn to aid better for CNR Stuart and NEB Slesse? O.K. Thanks for the honesty. Please keep it clean so you don't pin scar the cracks too much for us free climbers :battlecage:

No, no, no.

He needs to fix pins and bolts every three feet so the sprot climbers can get their burn.