Free solo speed record on the Tooth?

summitchaserCJB

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it pretty fun. I just recently did it again.

the one n' only time i ws n the nhood and climbed it (solo) was the day a couple years back that that fucking horse broke it's leg in the preakness and had to get shot on the fucking track, leg all in a thousand fucking pieces - i was rather comfortably numb at the tim ei recall, damn near barely walk w/o falling over in a giggle-fit and remember not being able to get the fucking image of the whole fucking disaster oughta my cerebellum the whoel time i was actually crawling up the thing in me boots, stepping over girlfriends n' thier gumbies

other than that though it was great :)

soloing the improbable traverse is much kewler

Must be tough being such a hardman Markjizzy. How do you do it? (hmm..just noticed you haven't posted any TR's...)

I'm not trying to be a hard man here, if you noticed, you're the one bragging about how you climbed the south face in 10 minutes. I'm sure all the little chickas in your grade 11 english class are impressed.

"If you think that's fun, you should check out some stuff at Index. That shizzle will leave you with a smile for dayzzz!"

Oh Hell yes. My first lead was the lizard (stiff 5.8) and I've done all the classic Index 9's. I learned to climb at Index. Yes it is all it is stacked up to be. It teaches you so much about real trad.

"If you think that's fun, you should check out some stuff at Index. That shizzle will leave you with a smile for dayzzz!"

Oh Hell yes. My first lead was the lizard (stiff 5.8) and I've done all the classic Index 9's. I learned to climb at Index. Yes it is all it is stacked up to be. It teaches you so much about real trad.

you would like Squampton....

Someone needs to free solo that nekkid on a busy summer weekend just for the reaction by the mounties and gumbies. That would be some funny shiz. Beckey route on Lib Bell would be a good one for that too. :laf:

i'd be too afeared some gripped n' bearded mountie, petrified by the lack of dependable pro, would try to girth-hitch my johnson, man

• 5 months later...

The Tooth is worthy, the Mounties and the rocks they trundle are objective hazard training. I like to solo laps on it. I've done 4 laps including the approach gully that goes direct to Pineapple pass. Wondering what the record is for laps in a day, and do you down climb or rap on speed ascents? I've done it both ways.