Free solo speed record on the Tooth?

summitchaserCJB

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think hawk berry toped it out in something ridiculous like 40 minutes from the car in a pair of vans skate shoes, don't remember too many other details or round trip time.

Looking at the big mountain talent in Seattle i wouldn't be surprised if it has been done in less.

Shaving it down much beyond 10 minutes on that rock would be a fools game. Go find some solid granite.

What were the conditions of that 1:58 ascent? If that was a typical hike in, hike out I am impressed.

I ran the approach and deproach and soloed up and down the tooth in 2:15. The basin below the east face of the Tooth was hard snow which ultimately slowed me down what with all the back sliding.

I hiked up Si with Mike May who claimed he walked the completey dry approach to the tooth for a round trip time of 1:58. As fast as Mike walked up Si I believe him.

Shaving it down much beyond 10 minutes on that rock would be a fools game. Go find some solid granite.

Why? That shit gets climbed so much its just as solid as any granite.

I guess I was up there in early spring but there was much loose/frost wedged flakiness in evidence and not much continuous crack climbing.

But hell, do what you want.